Ashideena, Borok's Fist graphics

I based Ellesime's clone in Xan's second quest on the assumption that Fixpack fixed the avatar correctly, having asked Gaider or someone... ? Though, yep, Ellesime getting out of a silmy tub in full regalia doesn't make much sense, come to think of it.

Anyway: it might be just me, but I have a feeling that in BG2, too many items were generic-looking, and the picture CamDawg posted looks quite pretty to me(unlike most items introduced by mods), so I'll enjoy the change.

Once I found figured out that the clone was supposed to be Ellesime, it bothered me that the clone looked nothing like her. I'm okay with that change.

My argument against it is threefold:

- It makes for a compelling part of the plot that Irenicus has been unable to recreate Ellesime as she was. While the failure is not actually visual, I believe this is well represented in the difference in the avatar: the clone lacks the glory of Ellesime herself.

- A certain suspense is developed in witholding unique graphics from the player. Sarevok would be less imposing if Winthrop had already used his avatar. I contend that placing Ellesime's unique avatar in the starting dungeon makes her appearance later in the game all the less impressive.

- As Kulyok observes, why the outfit?

Gah, I hate it when modders I respect disagree. And I don't agree with any of you 100% either, if it makes a difference.

I'm in favor of making the graphics for the axe an option. I don't care if it's mandated by a fix, but I'd like the ability to use it if I want. Likewise, I wouldn't complain if it was part of the core installation.

I understand and agree with Sim DingO's reasons for wanting the generic female elf avatar for Ellesime's clone for the reasons he gives, especially the part that indicates that Irenicus tried for her, but failed.

I based Ellesime's clone in Xan's second quest on the assumption that Fixpack fixed the avatar correctly, having asked Gaider or someone... ?

This is what I thought, too. If that's not the case Fixpack needs to drop it.

As for the hammer graphics, seems like most folks don't have the delicate eyes of devSin so we'll toss it in.

Awright already.

I've darkened the shadow, moved it to the normal 3,3 shadow offset, and tried to increase the brightness and contrast of the weapon itself. Drop this into your override and console in the items--cdhamm04 is Borok's Fist with the original Bioware bam and cdhamm05 is with the bam I've modified.

cdhamm05.zip

Archived