Is this Kivan's fault?

Eleima

Greetings all, and especially Domi, mistress of the Kivan & Deheriana mod!

I've a question which may be a little odd, especially since I'm not 100% certain that my bug/problem/thingie is because of Kivan.

Here's the deal: I was playing an elven fighter/mage, and took Kivan and Xan along for the ride. I decided to romance Xan, in the end, non-bonded path, and stayed friendly with Kivan. The Kivan Love Global was 2 when we got to Spellhold (was kinda though not to be too nice to him!), so Aphril said she could see Deherianna waiting for Kivan. Ok, fair enough. Skip forward to Chapter 7, we get to Suldanessellar, except no Cernd or Aerie in the party, so Kivan decides to depart for Arvandor. Ok, I can understand that.

Now, here's where the whole thing goes awry. My PC receives, upon Kivan's departure, Tazok's heart which he had carved out of the beast's chest. Okay, it takes up a slot, that's not too much of a bother, I can handle that (although I was "upset" that all his belongings were dropped in the Temple room in which Ellesime gives here congratulations - not a big deal, but I'm pro-equipment recycling! :D ).

Now, the thing is that I've reached the temple in the Mir Woods, set off to the Marching Mountains, got Yaga Shura's and Nyalee's hearts, brought 'em back. Nyalee quenched the eternal flames, and then turned on the party. Ok, no problem here.

Then, I reach Yaga Shura's seige camp, Saradush still hasn't fallen, he just says "HA-ha ha haaa!! I knew I should have been the one to carve up your hide, Bhaalspawn! And now the great Yaga-Shura shall become even greater still!!", and is completely invulnerable.

:):love:??? I'm completely baffled, I have no idea what's going on, but I'm guessing that maybe, just maybe, there's a conflict of variables or something. I don't know, I'm totally guessing here, I have absolutely no idea what's going on, and this is the first time this has happened to me. :):uu::D

Am I totally off my rocker? If so, please don't flame me. :D

I can say with a degree of certainty that it was not because of Kivan, as it seems that everything went as normal in your game, and the sub-plot with Tazok's heart and Nyalee triggers based not just having the item in your inventory, but actually having Kivan along, so I think it is more of a random glitch in the original game here. I'llflag Tazok's heart as having the same problem as Kivan's spear, so he keeps his junk.

Blush.gif

Well, I'm glad to hear that Kivan isn't to blame (although, ya, I guess that getting rid of that heart would be nice, I mean, "no posy's gonna save us from the stench!" :) ).

Since this has been happening even in the BG2 vanilla game, I guess maybe this thread belongs in Noobermeet.

Therefore, the logical questions to ask are:

What can I do?

What did I do wrong?

What can I do to prevent this?

Are there globals to be altered to fix this?

:love:

I am, as always, yours truly, Eleima the clueless... Blush.gif

EDIT: I've tried moving this thread myself, but I don't think I have the access rights...

SetGlobal("YagaShuraHeart","GLOBAL",2) should fix it.

Thanks Kulyok! You're the best!! :) It worked!

May I present my apologies to Kivan, poor little broken-hearted elf who had left to join his beloved wife on another plane!!

I'm still baffled as to how this came to be though... :love:

Archived