As the topic states I have problems with updating my gemRB, downloaded from android market, to 0.7.2 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gemrb/files/Other%20Binaries/android/). The bg2 and tob are working flawlesly on 0.7.0.1; however, when I try to replace or copy GUIScripts, the game immediately crashes and sends me back to the home screen. Yet, the game works fine if I go back to the 0.7.0.1 GUIScripts. The instructions provided only mention GUIScripts and Override folders to be copied, but the GemRB-nmake-vs10-v0.7.2 contains much more files. Am I missing something here? The cache folder is empty and the resolution that I'm using is 800x600, which is absolutely fine on 720p screens. What could be the cause of such situation? The game works fine on the old 0.7.0.1 GUIScripts (of course there's that nasty trap bug that I'm trying to get rid of), but as soon as I replace it entirely with the 0.7.2 GUIScripts, the emulator kicks me to the home screen. Any ideas?
My installation process:
1) dl gemRB from google play,
2) run the app and dl the remaining files,
3) copy all bg2 + tob files, including *.exe,
4) rename the GemRB.cfg.sample to GemRB.cfg and then set the resolution to 800x600,
5) Run the game and check if it works; it works properly,
6) replace (tried also overwriting) the 0.7.0.1 GUIScripts and Override folders with the 0.7.2 counterparts,
7) result - app exits to the home screen.
When I overwrite the said folders back to their previous version, everything works fine. But the game is unplayable due to the trap bug.
I know that some people managed to upgrade their gemRBs to 0.7.2 so I'd be grateful for any help.