Move or modify some overpowered magic items: 35.4 Install Issue

Guest Warrax

I installed the Move or modify some overpowered magic items: 35.4 component and vecna and helm are still on deidre.  I see the wmart2.sto file in the override directory.  I tried to search in nearinfinity, but it only see the wmart2.sto file and does not have the override version in the file list.

Thanks,

Warrax

Are you on a new save, or did you continue an existing run that had already seen that shop? Visited shops get copied into the save, and the version in the save (which mods don't touch) is what's used from then on in that run.

For files that exist in both the BIFs and the override, Near Infinity will always display the override version, because that's what the game would use. You can change whether this file is displayed under "Override" or its filetype with the "Show Override Files" options, but you'll always see the version that actually gets used.

So went back into near infinity and looked and i do see where if the file has an override that its bolded, which i do see for the wmart2.sto file, so i'm guessing that means the items were not removed in the override sto file? I don't see any kind of errors in the debug logs.  I will try to do some test installs tomorrow and see if i can figure out why its not working for me.  I don't have a lot of mods installed, rr, monk overhaul, ascension, scs, and some of the cdtweaks.  Nothing that i can see should conflict with deidre, but i'm going to try just installing that one mod and see if it works and go from there.

Thanks,

Warrax

I just did a fresh install of that one component and nothing else.  Looked in near infinity and wmart2.sto is bolded so it is using the override file and it still has both vecna and the helm.  I'll run through the dungeon real quick just to make sure, but i'm going to assume they are going to be there when i check.

Confirmed, just warped to Deidre and she does have the helm and vecna still. Only component installed is:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2900 // Move or modify some overpowered magic items: 35.4

Edited by Warrax01

All right, looks like a bug with that component. Diving into the code ...

Here's the function call that's supposed to delete the Robe of Vecna from the store, in v35:

sto.edit[wmart2][ m.item.delete{s_resref STR_EQ wa2robe} ]

New sfo2e stuff. Which I don't really understand. But I can tell that the ones for the Helm of Vhailor and Shield of Balduran are basically the same. And then I looked at another component, removing arrows of dispelling from stores ... and there was a key difference. s_resref was inclosed in %%, WeiDU's way of saying to evaluate the variable. Oh. That explains it. s_resref is an element of the structure describing this "item" element of the store, but only if the variable is actually evaluated.

The current code for the items that get removed from Deidre's store apparently tests for which item to delete by comparing a resource reference (i.e wa2robe) with the literal string s_resref. Which always returns false, so nothing changes. Enclosing that s_resref in percentage signs in the m.item.delete lines from item/balduran_shield.tpa, item/vecna.tpa, and item/vhailor_helm.tpa should fix this so the items are properly removed from the stores. In each of item/balduran_shield.tpa, item/vecna.tpa, and item/vhailor_helm.tpa, there is a line including "m.item.delete{s_resref STR_EQ"; if I'm right, each of those should be modified to replace s_resref with %s_resref%.