Kit Creation : Spell Use

Meanfred

Greetings,

I have recently read CamDawg's Kit Creation Tutorial, and I have successfully understood everything except for one part. And that is spell use for certain class/kit combinations.

I understand that there are certain classes that do not have access to a spell book, I have no squabble there. The question I have, is about how to add certain kit specific "special spells" to a kit? Like if I want to make a fighter, that is like the opposite of a paladin, like a Shadow Knight. He will simply be a fighter that has access to some necromancy spells like Horror, Larloch's Minor Drain, or Animate Dead.

Now, my actual "Question". To add these few spells to a kit like I have proposed, do I add them as "Abilities" during the kit creation process, or do I have to learn how to create and add spells using the ADD_KIT function?

It would be greatly appreciated if this could be cleared up. I am sure that it is something simple that I missed, or just possibly had gotten mixed up. Because for the most part, I really got lost on Part 4 of the Tutorial, where it talks about adding spells and items in kit creation.

One more question, what exactly does it mean to "Add Spells" to a kit? Does it mean the kit gets access to those spells, does it mean these are actual spells or scrolls added to the game? Sorry I am very new to the whole mod community, and have just successfully started writing my own scripts and such. So please be patient with me. I greatly appreciate everyone's time, whom take theirs with great patience to answer my questions. Thanks again everyone, and God Bless. Later Days....... =P

Thats clears it up, thanks a bunch.

Still though, I really am confused on what Cam meant on part 4 where he talked about adding items or spells? What exactly does he mean by creating and adding items and spells?

Noob here, please have patience.

Thanks a bunch, and take it easy. God Bless, and Later Days....... =P

Part four is just some commands for adding those little extras you might require for your npc (if you are making one).

So if you need a new spell (instead of one of the existing game ones) you will need to give it a name, description and actually get all that into the game. Part Four tells you how to do that.

If you just want to create a kit that uses some already existing spell then you don't need to do all of that. Just find the spellname and assign it via the CLAB.

The best thing to do is to start your kit and if you get stuck on a part you want to do post here with the specifics.

Thanks a bunch Rabain. I cannot wait to start my PC/NPC kit. It is gonna be a blast.

I really think that the community here at G3 should really be proud that this is the only place on the net where you can come and get taught up from the level of a normal part time gamer, to an experienced mod making machine!

Thanks again, and stay safe. God Bless and Later Days....... =P

Archived