Dialog Error

Guest Tomat

Hi there, I am having issues in Irenicus' prison. Speaking with the golem located in the beginning room causes the games to crash to desktop. I reloaded and avoided him to see if this would happen elsewhere with other NPCs. Now when I reach Rielev and take his power unit and the conversation ends my party become stuck in dialog with no ability to break it.

I tried a fresh install on the off chance it would change anything but to no avail.

My install order was SOA > tob > tob patch > fixpack and I am not using any mods. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi there, I am having issues in Irenicus' prison. Speaking with the golem located in the beginning room causes the games to crash to desktop. I reloaded and avoided him to see if this would happen elsewhere with other NPCs. Now when I reach Rielev and take his power unit and the conversation ends my party become stuck in dialog with no ability to break it.

I tried a fresh install on the off chance it would change anything but to no avail.

My install order was SOA > tob > tob patch > fixpack and I am not using any mods. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ok I did a fresh install, imported a fresh saved game and everything seems be working now. Apologies for wasting forum space. :)

Actually that was a bit premature, the dialog still hangs after removing the battery. Imoen moves to speak to my PC yet no conversation is initiated. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Guest frabjous

Have you tried uninstalling the fixpack and starting a new game to discover if the problem occurs only wtih the fixpack installed (and hence whether or not the Fixpack is a likely cause)?

Archived