problems with Icewind Dale II

Guest thorjylland

Guest thorjylland

I installed the mod but I think something is wrong :)

Here's a screenshot of how my game looks now

iwd20001uw0.th.jpg

I'm trying to run the game in 1440x900 and I installed the mod without any problems or warnings but as you can see in the screenshot it doesn't look very good.

Hmm I just uninstalled the widescreen mod and the black box in the middle and around items on the ground is still there :)

It might be a driver problem then. I have a GeForce 8800 GTX and the newest drivers. My monitor is Asus VW192s.

I don't know what to do now... Should I reinstall icewind dale and try installing the mod again ?

8800 GTS with ForceWare 163.75. However, I haven't installed IWDII on this particular computer yet, so I can't help you now. Try uninstalling WSM, playing around with the settings in idconfig.exe until you remove the black box, and then installing WSM again (WSM `resets' your game.ini file, unfortunately).

BTW: a GTX is wasted at 1440x900. Give yourself a 24'' 1920x1200 screen for Christmas :)

Guest thorjylland

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks Bigg :)

Oh I wish I could afford a 22'' monitor cause 19" is too small I agree.

I can always hope someone else buys one for me :D

Guest itsthetimman

Actually, I was having the same problem with this game since I decided to load it up onto my new computer. I'm running an 8600 GT and I get the black boxes around dialog boxes and items on the ground as well. Whenever I enable the "software standard blt" though, the game runs very slow. Is there any way to fix that?

Guest powdered donut

Unfortunately no, you can either live with the boxes or turn on the Software BLT stuff and take a performance hit. It's not so bad, only slows down on particularly hectic battles and some larger areas on my AthlonXP 2.2 ghz dual core/geforce 8500

Archived