Case-Sensitive option not working?

Guest Dan

After compiling svn (5022) on Ubuntu 7.10, when attempting to run gemrb on a modded tob install (Classic Adventures Mod) it has the following errors

[KEYImporter]: Opening chitin.key...[ERROR]

[KEYImporter]: Cannot open Chitin.key

[ERROR]

Cannot Load Chitin.key

Termination in Progress...

I renamed CHITIN.KEY to chitin.key (it also didn't accept Chitin.key)

and ran it again to get this error

[KEYImporter]: Searching for projectl.ids...[ERROR]

Cannot find DATA/CA-STUF.BIF... Resource unavailable.

renaming Projectl.ids to projectl.ids (and moving to tob override folder) covers this error...

There are still other files not found - does the case-sensitive switch not currently work, or is my install just borked?

I did rename GemRB.cfg.sample to GemRB.cfg

(note - I tested with a clean install (unmodded) and it still couldn't find CHITIN.KEY .)

#####################################################

# Case Sensitive Filesystem [boolean] #

# #

# If your installed game files are residing on a #

# case sensitive filesystem (ext2 on Linux) then #

# you need to set this value to 1, it has no #

# effect on Windows #

CaseSensitive=1

# Case Sensitive Filesystem [boolean] #

# #

# If your installed game files are residing on a #

# case sensitive filesystem (ext2 on Linux) then #

# you need to set this value to 1, it has no #

# effect on Windows #

CaseSensitive=1

yup, thats what my file says too - even the equals one part.

- a question for you, is your chitin.key all in caps

(maybe my installation medium was made with different caps than "normal" )

I'll look through the keyimporter plugin and try to find where it looks for the chitin file.

I had the files mounted on a windows partion - moving them onto my ext3 partition gets the base install working - hurray! Not exactly sure why, but it might have been how I had it mounted, or something else. Works now though.

The modded version still doesn't work - but it seems to just be files that were moved to folders that don't exist in the default install that is giving it problems, so not a case-sensitivity issue.

- thanks for your help

I had the files mounted on a windows partion - moving them onto my ext3 partition gets the base install working - hurray! Not exactly sure why, but it might have been how I had it mounted, or something else. Works now though.

Windows partition are not case-sensitive, even with linux. In this case, I guess that having set "Case sensitive = no" might have been helpful.

If this doesn't solve the problem, so yes, there is a bug.

Windows partition are not case-sensitive, even with linux. In this case, I guess that having set "Case sensitive = no" might have been helpful.

Well, you still need to access the files on an NTFS/FAT partition under linux with the correct case.

I can also reproduce this bug btw. It seems like GetResource in KeyImp.cpp doesn't do a proper case insensitive search for the bif files.

Archived