BGT & Widescreen won't work (version issues?)

cronos

Hello!

Well I am using BGT for BG ToB and BG1 (incl. addons) and I wanted to apply your widescreen patch on top of that.

When doing so, it gives me an error message (it mentions some .bif files and "unsupported game"). I applied the latest ToB patch and used a clean workin BGT mod installation. executable is also not modified. Maybe this is because I am using the German version of BG ToB? IWD 1 and 2 German do work perfectly.

Is there any way to get this work? (Will the executables of a normal patched version of vanilla BG2 ToB work with my BGT Install?)

Thank you for any information in advance.

Error log:

ERROR Installing [Widescreen Mod], rolling back to previous state

[widescreen/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - SvA\CD5\/MOVIES/25MOVIES.BIF]

ERROR: BIFF [C:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - SvA\CD5\/MOVIES/25MOVIES.BIF] cannot be loaded: Failure("BIFF file signature unsupported: ÿÿÿÿ÷\020\000\000")

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - SvA\CD5\/MOVIES/MOVCD3.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - SvA\CD4\/MOVIES/MOVCD3.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - SvA\CD3\/MOVIES/MOVCD3.BIF]

ERROR: BIFF [C:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - SvA\CD3\/MOVIES/MOVCD3.BIF] cannot be loaded: Failure("BIFF file signature unsupported: ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ")

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - SvA\CD5\/DATA/BG1MOVIE.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - SvA\CD4\/DATA/BG1MOVIE.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - SvA\CD3\/DATA/BG1MOVIE.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - SvA\CD2\/DATA/BG1MOVIE.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - SvA\CD2\/DATA/BG1MOVIE.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - SvA\CD1\/DATA/BG1MOVIE.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - SvA\/DATA/BG1MOVIE.BIF]

ERROR: BIFF [C:\Programme\Black Isle\BGII - SvA\/DATA/BG1MOVIE.BIF] cannot be loaded: Failure("BIFF file signature unsupported: \000\004\000\000\024ºL\000")

Uninstalled 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

SETUP-BGT.TP2 4 0 Installed

1PP/1PP.TP2 0 0 Installed

1PP/1PP.TP2 0 1 Installed

SETUP-BGTSONGS.TP2 0 0 Installed

ERROR: Failure("Unsupported game.")

PLEASE post the contents of the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to this forum: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=136

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[widescreen/tra/english/setup.tra] has 26 translation strings

Whatever happened, it isn't my fault, and looks like a seriously broken installation (basically, the error message says that your biff files start with some garbage, whereas they all should start with "BIFFV1 "). Try uninstalling the whole game, cleaning your CDs, and reinstalling again.

Whatever happened, it isn't my fault, and looks like a seriously broken installation (basically, the error message says that your biff files start with some garbage, whereas they all should start with "BIFFV1 "). Try uninstalling the whole game, cleaning your CDs, and reinstalling again.

So it will work with Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod applied? :(

Also, can I apply the mod to a clean install of BG2 ToB and then just copy the modded executable over to my current BGT install?

Thank you very much indeed! ;D

So it will work with Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod applied? :(

There's no reason why it shouldn't.

Also, can I apply the mod to a clean install of BG2 ToB and then just copy the modded executable over to my current BGT install?

No, WSM also needs to alter baldur.ini and various GUI files, making such an attempt fail (or at least much harder). Also, the error you received sounds very much like an install which is anyway broken and likely to fail (can you even start your game?).

So it will work with Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod applied? :D

There's no reason why it shouldn't.

No, WSM also needs to alter baldur.ini and various GUI files, making such an attempt fail (or at least much harder). Also, the error you received sounds very much like an install which is anyway broken and likely to fail (can you even start your game?).

I fixed it - working now!! Yes!! I actually forgot that I replaced the movie files with blank files some time ago to get rid of those cutscenes (for resting etc.). I copied the original movies back in their folders and it works!!

Looking perfectly fine :D So you can officially add to your readme that the widescreen mod also works with the Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod :party:

One last question: Can I patch the game again if I change my monitor and want to use a different resolution or will I have to reinstall everything at first?

EDIT: It does indeed work and I can reinstall the patch, very well done :(

Guest aZZmodan

Hey there...

First of all, I wanted to say: Great job man! It seems that a lot of work has gone into this. Keep doing, well, whatever it is you're doing... Once again, great job!

And now to the problem at hand. I tried out your widescreen mod in BG2 (the tutu version) and everything worked fine. I then proceeded in trying it with the original BG (TotSC installed) but... bummer!

Here's the generated .debug file... Hope it helps... Ohh.. and thank you, in advance! :(

P.S. I tried the original BG install followed by a TotSC install AS WELL AS the original BG install followed by a TotSC install AND the appliance of patch v114315, in case that did anything... It didn't. :D

WeiDU v 20400 Log

D:\Baldur's Gate\setup-widescreen.exe

[./Chitin.key] loaded, 238496 bytes

[./Chitin.key] 159 BIFFs, 16694 resources

[dialog.tlk] loaded, 3100553 bytes

[dialog.tlk] 22186 string entries

[./Baldur.ini] loaded, 430 bytes

Possible HD/CD Path: [d:\Baldur's Gate\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [i:\CD1\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [i:\CD2\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [i:\CD3\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [i:\CD4\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [i:\CD5\]

Possible HD/CD Path: [i:\CD6\]

[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 4277 bytes

[D:\Baldur's Gate\setup-widescreen.exe] Using scripting style "BG"

[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.

[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.

WARNING: parsing log [WeiDU.log]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: No such file or directory")

Using Language [English]

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o

Install Component [Widescreen Mod]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

Installing [Widescreen Mod]

Creating 1 directory

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [i:\CD6\/MOVIES/MOVIECD6.BIF]

[i:\CD6\/MOVIES/MOVIECD6.BIF] 18858824 bytes, 2 files, 0 tilesets

Enter your X coordinate. It should be a number, >= 640.

Enter your Y coordinate. It should be a number, >= 480.

1680 x 1050.

Are you sure? Y/N

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[bgmain2.exe] loaded, 5046319 bytes

FAILURE:

EXE patching failed.

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR: [bgmain2.exe] -> [bgmain2.exe] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("EXE patching failed."))

ERROR Installing [Widescreen Mod], rolling back to previous state

[widescreen/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

Uninstalled 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

ERROR: Failure("EXE patching failed.")

PLEASE post the contents of the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to this forum: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=136

Using Language [English]

Install Component [Widescreen Mod]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? Saving This Log:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Widescreen Mod

WeiDU Timings

MKDIR 0.000

parsing .tp files 0.000

adding translation strings 0.000

unmarshal BIFF 0.000

FAIL 0.000

OUTER_INNER_PATCH 0.000

READ_* 0.000

load TLK 0.000

LAUNCH_ACTION_MACRO 0.000

DEFINE_PATCH_MACRO 0.000

DEFINE_ACTION_MACRO 0.000

parsing .tra files 0.000

OUTER_SET 0.000

tp2 uninstall 0.000

OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT 0.000

PATCH_IF 0.000

parsing .tpa files 0.000

unmarshal KEY 0.015

unmarshal TLK 0.016

INCLUDE 0.016

COPY 0.031

loading files 0.110

eval_pe 0.859

process_patch2 7.562

stuff not covered elsewhere 65.469

TOTAL 74.078

Guest Guest
Kindly search the forum or read the stickies. There are just shy of 6 billions of thread detailing this very problem.

Also, don't post problems related to plain BG in a topic about BGT.

Oops... Sorry! :/

You're right, I should have done some searching... I just saw the

"PLEASE post the contents of the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to this forum: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=136"

in the .debug and just went on with it... but you're right, I'll do a little searching.

Thanks again.

Archived