widescreen overrides bgsetup?

Guest Bearclaw

Guest Bearclaw

Hi, thanks for widescreen mod it made me re-install and play BG series and its a joy!

However, i have a few problems:

1. If i run bgsetup and change gameplay settings adn graphics settings, well anything, if i afterthis run widescreen it overrides my setup and every setting is gone as if it never existed. Ive tried setup in bg1 dir, bg2 dir and tutu dir, all the same. Beats me how to fix this?

2. black boxes around butterflies, gore, dropped items etc. According to tips in forum, one should use 2d+3d settings in bgsetup and at the same time use 3d acceleration. Well, the guy who wrote that hasnt run bgsetup, since 2d/3d settings is greyed out as soon as i pick 3d acceleration. So you cant use it together, thus not solve problem. Removing triple buffering in graphic card doesnt work either. And as i said, doesn matter whatever i try in bgsetup since i run widescreen mod it just removes ANY setting ive made in bgsetup.

So i am asking for guidance if any kind soul here has solved these issues?

ps. using 8800gtx ..

Thanks!

Guest Guest

Sidenote: I have to reinstall widescreen mod every time after i have ran bgsetup.exe or i won't get 1280*1024.. looks like also bgsetup.exe overrides the wodescreen mod settings and vice versa.. kindof moment 22 huh? :-P

1. Widescreen must be fully uninstalled when you run bgsetup. This way, settings are preserved. If you run bgsetup while widescreen is installed, anything you set is lost the next time widescreen is (un|re)installed.

2. I can set them just fine.

Guest Guest
1. Widescreen must be fully uninstalled when you run bgsetup. This way, settings are preserved. If you run bgsetup while widescreen is installed, anything you set is lost the next time widescreen is (un|re)installed.

2. I can set them just fine.

Hrkl... yes.. that did the trick , thanks!

However, cant have 2d/3d options active while i check 3d acceleration.. it does not matter though, i made the game run exellent now, i also solved other graphic problems with black boxes etc, i switched override any application setting on and off and then again back to on, then everythign was fixed. Dont ask me why but it did solve everything :-)

Archived