tolower in WeiDU-Linux-208

bgf

Hi everyone

My first official post in this forum!

I'm using tolower provided by WeiDU Linux version 208. When I ran it from my BG1 install directory and answered Y to both prompts, the generated linux.ini file seems to be incorrect.

Here's the relevant entries in my baldur.ini:

HD0:=c:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\
CD1:=G:\CD1\
CD2:=G:\CD2\
CD3:=G:\CD3\
CD4:=G:\CD4\
CD5:=G:\CD5\
CD6:=G:\CD6\

And this is the contents of the generated linux.ini:

CD1:=/home/bgf/.wine/dosdevices/../drive_c/Program Files/Black Isle/Baldur's Gate/
CD1:=/media/cdrom0/CD1/
CD1:=/media/cdrom0/CD2/
CD1:=/media/cdrom0/CD3/
CD1:=/media/cdrom0/CD4/
CD1:=/media/cdrom0/CD5/
CD1:=/media/cdrom0/CD6/

Note that all entries become CD1 on the left. That looks wrong to me. Sure I can modify it manually, but have I done something wrong to get this, or is there a bug in tolower?

The other thing I've noticed is that for the game path the single quote (') and the spaces ( ) are not being escaped in linux.ini. I'm not sure if they need to be. (Yeah, I know these characters are evil for file names, but that's the default installation path...) So is that path OK without any escaping?

Thanks

Note that all entries become CD1 on the left. That looks wrong to me. Sure I can modify it manually, but have I done something wrong to get this, or is there a bug in tolower?

Nah, it works either way. WeiDU doesn't care about the CDX:= part.

The other thing I've noticed is that for the game path the single quote (') and the spaces ( ) are not being escaped in linux.ini. I'm not sure if they need to be. (Yeah, I know these characters are evil for file names, but that's the default installation path...) So is that path OK without any escaping?

It doesn't need escapes either.

Archived