Mislead

Guest guest

Just to check: the readme says you've added a +4 AC bonus that was 'previously missing', but i read on the fixpack forums that this +4 AC is actually granted in the game as a -4 thac0 penalty (by which i mean +4...darn confusing bg2 system) to enemies.

Now, it's probably me that is missing something here and maybe the mislead spell uses some combinations of effects to achieve what it does rather than simply applying 'improved invis' and thus perhaps this penalty wasn't there in reg to mislead (since, for e.g. you don't mention adding such an AC bonus for the spell improved invis), but just in case this is an oversight i thought i'd mention it.

Thanks.

Just to check: the readme says you've added a +4 AC bonus that was 'previously missing', but i read on the fixpack forums that this +4 AC is actually granted in the game as a -4 thac0 penalty (by which i mean +4...darn confusing bg2 system) to enemies.

Now, it's probably me that is missing something here and maybe the mislead spell uses some combinations of effects to achieve what it does rather than simply applying 'improved invis' and thus perhaps this penalty wasn't there in reg to mislead (since, for e.g. you don't mention adding such an AC bonus for the spell improved invis), but just in case this is an oversight i thought i'd mention it.

Sorry your confusion is caused by me not having updated the online mini-readme constantly (the real readme found withinin the mod is correct instead). The supposedly missing +4 bonus to AC is indeed hardcoded as a -4 penalty on attack rolls (applied obviously on enemies), thus I've removed the AC bonus from II too, instead of adding it to every other II-like spell (e.g. Mislead).

Archived