Multiplayer with mixed resolutions not (always) working

ragnar-gd

We're playing BG1 in its multiplayer-variant (both systems XP SP3). As only my computer has a big screen, I used the WS-mod only on my computer. In singleplayer, it works like a charm. Now, when my partner starts the game, and I connect, my screen gets black. My partners computer/game reports a timeout, and kicks me out. My screen keeps black, even when my partner ends his game completely, until I terminate BGMain.exe via TaskManager.

I didn't try out anything else, as I didn't want to experiment before we played through the game. Perhaps bigg can make a note in the FAQ? Perhaps I'll test out different constellations later on, but I can't promise. So if anyone is curious, and wants to examine the phenomenon: Feel free... :(

Cheers,

ragnar-gd

I know that multiplayer with mixed WSM versions works in BG2. I haven't tested the other games; in particular, BG1 is dubious because you need the DX8 patch for multiplayer and the non-DX8 patch for WSM. In general, I suppose it's easier to play Tutu or BGT than it is to muck around with WSM and BG1.

I know that multiplayer with mixed WSM versions works in BG2. I haven't tested the other games; in particular, BG1 is dubious because you need the DX8 patch for multiplayer and the non-DX8 patch for WSM. In general, I suppose it's easier to play Tutu or BGT than it is to muck around with WSM and BG1.

Yes, BGT is better - still there was a private reason to use BG1 instead of BGT.

We just completed BG1 without Widescreen, and started IWD1.

There, Widescreen works in Multiplayer like a charm (1920*1200 on one, 1280*1024 on the other Rigg).

Thank you for your Mod, it is THE Mod to make IE-games playable for times to come. :worship:

Archived