Icewind Dale Problems

Guest Jonathan

Guest Jonathan

First of all, thanks for this mod. It was *badly* needed!!

Now--I don't seem tobe having the luck everyone else is having. I'm running Icewind Dale, Heart of Winter and the other free mod (can't remember the name), and have tried setting the resolution to 1920x1200 (my native res) on a 24-inch screen. It's setting the resolution just fine, but there are "errors" on the screen. The fog of war isn't working correctly, and has very jagged, hard edges when it does. Oftentimes, areas I"ve explored become blacked out once again. Additionally, the text boxes where NPC's talk (for instance, the boys commenting on the chickens at the beginning of ID) are HUGE and non-transparent. Anything behind them becomes blocked. I've tried adjusting the video settings to no avail. Here are my specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 8400 Proc

4 gigs DDR2 800 mhz RAM

GeForce 9800GX2 video w/1 GB RAM

Windows Vista Ultimate Edition w/SP1

Any input would be appreciated! Also-I'll try a screen capture here in a minute and upload it.

Guest Jonathan

Okay--let's see if I can get this to work. If it loads, you can see the text boxes from the boys talking, and the very hard edges of the fog of war. This time, the fog of war--where it faeds out but you can still see where you've been--stayed. If I moved around enough it would totally turn back to black as if it was unexplored. Anyway, you can see that it's not working quite right. Also--the side and bottom bars... should they be choppy and repetitive like that? That's no biggie if it is--just wanted to bring it to your attention.

iwd.jpg

Guest Jonathan

One last clarification--in my first post I mentioned the "free mod". What I meant was the additional free expansion that was released after Heart of Winter--the "Trials of the Luremaster". I have no mods installed at all.

Guest Jonathan

I'm so, so sorry. I just fixed the problem! I thought I had combed the site fairly well, but stumbled on the 3D settings information. I set it as it stated, and viola! It works perfectly!

Thanks again for the awesome MOD.

Archived