A few queries

Guest Guest_scorpio_*

Guest Guest_scorpio_*

Hello,

Just wondering about a few things, any help is appreciated:

Regarding install order; I realise story enhancing mods like unfinished business/banter pack are not going to have much effect on compatibility but am wondering what sort of order the following would be best in, in regards to spell revisions; I ask here since spell revisions is the addition to my list - the others have always worked for me in the following order, with spell rev placed where i think it should go:

Quest pack

1pp

BG2 tweak pack

Spell rev

SCSII

I guess the main issue i'm asking about is whether tweak pack should go before or after spell rev...and acutally i'm thinking maybe tweaks should go after SR so things like stacking of scrolls would still work?

I don't know, so anyone care to elucidate?

Also, if i don't use SCSII mages/priests, will SR have any effect on enemy mages/priests in regards to making them better or worse at all?

Regarding install order; I realise story enhancing mods like unfinished business/banter pack are not going to have much effect on compatibility but am wondering what sort of order the following would be best in, in regards to spell revisions; I ask here since spell revisions is the addition to my list - the others have always worked for me in the following order, with spell rev placed where i think it should go:

Quest pack

1pp

BG2 tweak pack

Spell rev

SCSII

I guess the main issue i'm asking about is whether tweak pack should go before or after spell rev...and acutally i'm thinking maybe tweaks should go after SR so things like stacking of scrolls would still work?

This install order is fine, as well as installing Tweak Pack after SR if you want things like stacking of scrolls.

Also, if i don't use SCSII mages/priests, will SR have any effect on enemy mages/priests in regards to making them better or worse at all?
On this matters players surely can tell you better than me. In theory fighting mages/priest should be slightly more difficult because many spells are more effective than usual (mainly due to the added save penalties), especially if you are of lower levels than the opponents (most of the times in SoA). But than again, you have some advantages as well because you can make better use of the improved spells than the AI can do.

SR's goal is not to chance the game balance at all. Except removing some infamous exploits from certain spells (e.g. Mislead, Simulacrum) and nerfing a few overpowered spells (e.g. Doom, Skull Trap, Emotion, Greater Malison, Horrid Wilting), I've probably made most spells more effective than in vanilla. The results imo is that spellcasters are somewhat more effective, slightly less exploitable, and much more fun due to the increased amount of interesting spells.

As I said though, players probably know these things better than me.

Archived