PST

Guest JMOAN

I'm trying to install the widescreen mod to Planescape Torment, but I consistently run into this problem:

Your game is not currently supported, sorry.

Only ToB (eventually with Tutu), TotSC, IWD2 and HoW currently work.

FAILURE:

Unsupported game.

I have installed the official patch as well as the fixpack already, and I've also done a full install of the game. Those are the only mods I've installed so far.

Any idea how to solve the problem?

Thanks.

Full log:

WeiDU v 20900 Log

setup-widescreen.exe

[./CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 178649 bytes

[./CHITIN.KEY] 372 BIFFs, 12135 resources

[dialog.tlk] loaded, 8042128 bytes

[dialog.tlk] 106499 string entries

[./autonote.ini] loaded, 9994 bytes

[./beast.ini] loaded, 10360 bytes

[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 4012 bytes

[./layout.ini] loaded, 18 bytes

[./quests.ini] loaded, 33883 bytes

[dialogf.tlk] loaded, 8042128 bytes

[dialogf.tlk] 106499 string entries

[setup-widescreen.exe] Using scripting style "PST"

[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.

[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[widescreen/tra/english/setup.tra] has 26 translation strings

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o

SETUP-PST-FIX.TP2 0 0 Installed

Install Component [Widescreen Mod]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

Installing [Widescreen Mod]

Creating 1 directory

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/MOVIES4.BIF]

ERROR: BIFF [./MOVIES4.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./MOVIES4.BIF")

ERROR: BIFF [./MOVIES4.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./MOVIES4.BIF")

FAILURE:

Unsupported game.

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Widescreen Mod], rolling back to previous state

[widescreen/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

Uninstalled 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

ERROR: Failure("Unsupported game.")

PLEASE post the contents of the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to this forum: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=136

Using Language [English]

[widescreen/tra/english/setup.tra] has 26 translation strings

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? Saving This Log:

[PST-Fix/tra/english/fixpack.tra] has 70 translation strings

[PST-Fix/tra/english/subtitles.tra] has 67 translation strings

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Widescreen Mod

WeiDU Timings

MKDIR 0.000

PATCH_PRINT 0.000

adding translation strings 0.000

OUTER_INNER_PATCH 0.000

READ_* 0.000

load TLK 0.000

Parsing TP2 files 0.000

DEFINE_PATCH_MACRO 0.000

DEFINE_ACTION_MACRO 0.000

parsing .tra files 0.000

OUTER_SET 0.000

parsing .log files 0.000

tp2 uninstall 0.000

OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT 0.000

INCLUDE 0.000

process_patch2 0.000

unmarshal KEY 0.016

FAIL 0.016

Parsing TPA files 0.016

PATCH_IF 0.016

loading files 0.031

eval_pe 0.092

unmarshal TLK 0.141

stuff not covered elsewhere 10.061

TOTAL 10.389

Try installing the widescreen mod with disc 2 (or 4, I guess, if you've got that version) in the drive. I ran into a similar (identical?) problem earlier, and that worked for me.

Try installing the widescreen mod with disc 2 (or 4, I guess, if you've got that version) in the drive. I ran into a similar (identical?) problem earlier, and that worked for me.

That didn't seem to work, but honestly I didn't expect it to. I've done a full install of the (4 disc)game, so my "discs" are actually physically on my computer in a folder, and I have changed the .ini file to look in a different directory than a typical CD.

So an update. I changed the ini file to look at the CD, but only for disc 4, put disc 4 in, and it got past the .bif problem. I have no idea why, but it apparently wasn't looking in my copied directory for whatever reason.

Now, I have a new problem getting it to see AR0100.BIF, but I'm about to investigate the solution to that.

So I think the problem is that for some reason, its not reading where my new files are on my hardrive. Below is a copy of the top of my .ini file, if anyone has any ideas.

My "ptdisk" folder is in the same directory as torment.exe, and all the CD's have nicely named folders inside it. CD2, CD3, CD4, just like how everyone else seems to do it.

[Alias]

HD0:=C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Torment

CD1:=c:\ptdisk\CD1

CD2:=c:\ptdisk\CD2

CD3:=c:\ptdisk\CD3

CD4:=c:\ptdisk\CD4

CD5:=c:\ptdisk\CD5

UPDATE:

Problem resolved. I just needed to put the entire pathname for the file in the .ini file.

So now it looks like this:

HD0:=C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Torment

CD1:=C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Torment\ptdisk\CD1

CD2:=C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Torment\ptdisk\CD2

CD3:=C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Torment\ptdisk\CD3

CD4:=C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Torment\ptdisk\CD4

CD5:=C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Torment\ptdisk\CD5

Perhaps this should be mentioned at

http://www.bootstrike.com/Torment/Online/tti1.html

Guest UK_John

I have this same problem, but whatever I do - whether using the CD or pointing to the folders and changing the ini to point to the right place i always get the above errors!

Guest guestilves

I'm having similar issues in PST. I first had the error on the first post where the install wouldn't run straight off the bat, but clicking off 'read only' in the folder properties fixed that, but now I'm stuck at AR0100.BIF. I checked the .ini file but all the CD's are pointed in the right direction. I am using the ACTUAL CDs instead of ripping them to the HD, don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Did anyone figure out what's causing this? Does the mod need to have access to all the cd's simultaneously for it to work?

I got similiar problem here already did the full isntall and I get this:

WeiDU v 21000 Log

C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\setup-widescreen.exe

[./CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 178649 bytes

[./CHITIN.KEY] 372 BIFFs, 12135 resources

[dialog.tlk] loaded, 8041168 bytes

[dialog.tlk] 106497 string entries

[./autonote.ini] loaded, 9994 bytes

[./beast.ini] loaded, 9985 bytes

[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 4012 bytes

[./layout.ini] loaded, 18 bytes

[./quests.ini] loaded, 33883 bytes

[./Torment.ini] loaded, 1232 bytes

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd1]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd2]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd3]

Possible HD/CD Path: [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd4]

Possible HD/CD Path: [i:\CD5\]

[dialogf.tlk] loaded, 8041168 bytes

[dialogf.tlk] 106497 string entries

[C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\setup-widescreen.exe] Using scripting style "PST"

[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.

[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.

Using Language [English]

[widescreen/tra/english/setup.tra] has 20 translation strings

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o

Installing [Widescreen Mod]

Creating 1 directory

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [i:\CD5\/MOVIES4.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd4/MOVIES4.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd3/MOVIES4.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd2/MOVIES4.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd1/MOVIES4.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment/MOVIES4.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [i:\CD5\/MOVIES4.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd4/MOVIES4.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd3/MOVIES4.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd2/MOVIES4.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd1/MOVIES4.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment/MOVIES4.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd4/MOVIES4.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd3/MOVIES4.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd2/MOVIES4.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd1/MOVIES4.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment/MOVIES4.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd4/MOVIES4.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd3/MOVIES4.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd2/MOVIES4.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment\ptdiskcd1/MOVIES4.cbf]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Torment/MOVIES4.cbf]

FAILURE:

Unsupported game.

ERROR Installing [Widescreen Mod], rolling back to previous state

[widescreen/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

Uninstalled 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

ERROR: Failure("Unsupported game.")

PLEASE post the contents of the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to this forum: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=12988

Using Language [English]

[widescreen/tra/english/setup.tra] has 20 translation strings

Archived