Problems with the polymorph spell

dreamer2007

I just barely managed to finish a really difficult fight with a very powerful mage after I died only a few tens of times and the only drawback of this victory that I barely managed to achieve is that he polymorph ed my main character (with the 4'th level spell polymorph other). That shouldn't have been a very nasty problem since you can use dispel magic normally to solve this, but the spell doesn't seem to solve this problem anymore. I tried casting it a lot of times with the mage in my party but no success. Then I went to the temple and again I tried to dispel using the temple services but no effect. The spell is cast on the character but nothing happens. I am using BWP v5.7 and I am in the BG2 part of the game. In this version of BWP spell revision v2 is used. Is this problem know about and solved in v2.9 at least?

I just barely managed to finish a really difficult fight with a very powerful mage after I died only a few tens of times and the only drawback of this victory that I barely managed to achieve is that he polymorph ed my main character (with the 4'th level spell polymorph other). That shouldn't have been a very nasty problem since you can use dispel magic normally to solve this, but the spell doesn't seem to solve this problem anymore. I tried casting it a lot of times with the mage in my party but no success. Then I went to the temple and again I tried to dispel using the temple services but no effect. The spell is cast on the character but nothing happens. I am using BWP v5.7 and I am in the BG2 part of the game. In this version of BWP spell revision v2 is used. Is this problem know about and solved in v2.9 at least?
It's very strange, as in V2 I'm pretty sure the spell was almost unchanged from its vanilla version.

In V2.9 the spell has been completely redone (it doesn't even work as it did anymore), thus it should be fine. In V2.9 the spell simply creates a "magical weapon" on the target which handles everything (animation, statistics, ...); and within BG engine "magical weapons" are always dispelled by a dispel attempt (even when the dispel check fails).

As I've posted at SHS:

I've further investigated on it (I had to retrieve the old V2 version) and it's very unlikely imo that SR V2 was causing it as back then Polymorph Other was still working as it did in vanilla "via EFF files", I didn't touch them, and they do were flagged as "dispellable".

As I've replied at SHS :blush: :

Okay thank you for looking further into it and for your offer of help :blush: , but I am happy enough that at least in the new version of spell revision this problem doesn't exist anymore since it directly changes the polymorph other spell, and in this way the problem shouldn't exist in BWP v6.0. When I will make a new BWP install I will be relaxed in knowing this, for now I will just live knowing that this bug exists only in my outdated install version, and try the horrible battle with the mage again and hope that he won't cast polymorph on my main character again, and after that continue the game normally and put the "polymorph other" spell on the same category as "finger of death"- if successful I consider I am dead and just load the game :) .

Archived