PsT WS Mod Windowed Mode

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

After browsing the forums and looking at the readme for a solution to this problem I haven't managed to find anything on the subject so I've decided to post. Forgive me if I simply overlooked something that would have helped me without wasting anyone's time.

I have issues running Planescape in fullscreen mode on my computer with or without the widescreen mod. The game leaves all sorts of artifacts in and around images that aren't apart of the static backgrounds (characters, doors, tables, etc). However this doesn't occur when I play the game in windowed mode so I just edit the torment.ini to play it in a window. I tested the widescreen mod on a fresh install in fullscreen and it worked (although the artifact problem was still there) but when I try to install the mod with windowed mode enabled it gives me this error:

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[torment.ini] loaded, 1027 bytes

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[torment.exe] loaded, 5718077 bytes

FAILURE:

EXE patching failed.

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR: [torment.exe] -> [torment.exe] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("EXE patching failed."))

ERROR Installing [Widescreen Mod], rolling back to previous state

[widescreen/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

Uninstalled 0 files for [WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2] component 0.

ERROR: Failure("EXE patching failed.")

PLEASE post the contents of the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to this forum: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=12988

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[widescreen/tra/english/setup.tra] has 20 translation strings

I assume this is because of change to the .ini because it installs fine if I undo the change. The readme says that v2 of the mod added functionality with windowed mode but I must just be missing how to get it working. If you could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Archived