Installing only the revised Planetar look ?

Aranthys

I was wondering, is it possible to only install the revised graphical look of Devas / Planetars ?

I'm asking mostly because i'm playing with a french game, and since the mod is currently under translation by "Les d'Oghmatiques", I'll wait for the fully translated mod to install it.

I guess the way to do it is to comment every spell beside Summon (fallen) Deva / Planetar and to translate the spell descriptions by myself, am i right ?

Believe it or not we were discussing it with Mike few minutes ago. I'm working on it right now.

I'll be more than willing to beta-test it :);) ;)

Allright, I managed to manually install the deva / planetars.

I just copied the required files into my override folder ;)

Ok, this is for Mike, but if anyone want to check this he's welcome.

I still have to create new .itm files for each creature to store every resistance and special quality previously put on the respective armors (which will be only cosmetic features in V3). I'll use the usual names "dvdevaxr.itm" (where x is g for good creatures and e for evil ones) and "dvplanxr".

The patching code should do the following:

Fallen Deva (devaevil.cre)

// head: add dvwings.itm

// armor: add dvdevaea.itm

// weapon: if SR is installed patch dvdevaew to use FS animation instead of S1. If SR is not installed do nothing.

// animation: replace antisolar with cleric_female_elf

// metal colour: 27

// minor colour: 27

// major colour: 19

// skin colour: 21

// leather colour: 14

// armor colour: 19

// hair colour: 6

// Battle_Cry1: 61758

// Battle_Cry2: 61761

// Damage: 55381

// Dying: 55382

// Select_common1: 61759

Fallen Planetar (planevil.cre)

// armor: add dvplanea.itm

// weapon: if SR is installed patch dvplanew to use S2 animation instead of S1. If SR is not installed do nothing.

// animation: replace antisolar with mage_female_elf

// metal colour: 28

// minor colour: 47

// major colour: 66

// skin colour: 21

// leather colour: 66

// armor colour: 28

// hair colour: 101

// Battle_Cry1: 61758

// Battle_Cry2: 61761

// Damage: 55381

// Dying: 55382

// Select_common1: 61759

Deva (devagood.cre)

// armor: add dvdevaga.itm

// weapon: if SR is installed patch dvdevagw to use MC animation instead of S1. If SR is not installed do nothing.

// animation: replace solar with cleric_male_elf

// metal colour: 105

// minor colour: 25

// major colour: 105

// skin colour: 10

// leather colour: 105

// armor colour: 105

// hair colour: 17

// Battle_Cry1: 61729

// Damage: 61730

// Dying: 61731

// Hurt: 61732

// Select_common1: 61724

// Select_common2: 61725

// Select_common3: 61726

Planetar (plangood.cre)

// armor: he doesn't have any ;-)

// weapon: if SR is installed patch dvplangw to use S2 animation instead of S1. If SR is not installed do nothing.

// animation: replace solar with mage_male_elf

// metal colour: 105

// minor colour: 25

// major colour: 105

// skin colour: 10

// leather colour: 105

// armor colour: 105

// hair colour: 25 (the only color difference between plangood and devagood)

// Battle_Cry1: 61729

// Damage: 61730

// Dying: 61731

// Hurt: 61732

// Select_common1: 61724

// Select_common2: 61725

// Select_common3: 61726

I've got a small question :

Could you provide the Planetar Lesser Robe .itm file you used in your screenshots ?

I did like this version better, the "Robe only" planetar looks a bit plain for my tastes...

Yeah, I know, i'm a pain in the @ss with all my questions & suggestions ;)

Edit.: Wait, they're allready in the files : DWPLANGA.itm and DWPLANEA.itm, right ?

Oooh :)

Edit.2.: It works. Wow, I really prefer the armored version of the good planetars ;)

Excellent work, really.

Could you provide the Planetar Lesser Robe .itm file you used in your screenshots ?

I did like this version better, the "Robe only" planetar looks a bit plain for my tastes...

Edit.: Wait, they're allready in the files : DWPLANGA.itm and DWPLANEA.itm, right ?

Edit.2.: It works. Wow, I really prefer the armored version of the good planetars ;)

Excellent work, really.

Yeah, the file is still there though unused. Anyway, it still contain all the special qualities which for the plangood have been moved to the weapon, thus there may be small issues. The only one I can think of is that you get +8 movement rate instead of +4, you'll have a hasted planetar! ;)

If you want I can post here a .itm files with only the cosmetic features, it would take a second.

Excellent work, really.

Yeah, the file is still there though unused. Anyway, it still contain all the special qualities which for the plangood have been moved to the weapon, thus there may be small issues. The only one I can think of is that you get +8 movement rate instead of +4, you'll have a hasted planetar! :D

If you want I can post here a .itm files with only the cosmetic features, it would take a second.

Sure if this doesn't bothers you ;)

Here it is. I've included a modified .cre file which already equips the lesser robe.

Thanks a lot :)

At the moment, I'm working on a little mod for BG1 that adds some Elven Chain mails into the game.

It's something that's lacking in BG1 if you play a multi/dual class Mage or even a Bard... having no armor on for all of BG1 with my bard gets on my nerves quite fast actually.

It'll also probably modify the look of plain elven chain mail... way WAY too green for my taste.

I might even create a specific +1 Elven Chain Mail just for fun, probably owned by the guy that holds Shandalar's cloak... I really feel that the island is void of rewards, beside a few scrolls.

Aw.

It's not the same armor :)

I guess i'll have to edit the look by myself then ;)

Seems like some color changed actually... huum

Edit.: Okay, you actually changed the color to be white-ish.

I reverted them back to their previous color, Ii really like the golden, light-armored look.

They're here for battle after all, not for "goodie goodie hello i'm goldy-locks in a white dress" ;)

Sorry, an old change I didn't remembered. I've updated the file, which should now look like the golden, light armored planetar showed in the pics.

If you want to check it let me know if it's correct, so that other players who prefer that look other the "official" one can download it if they wish so.

Sorry, an old change I didn't remembered. I've updated the file, which should now look like the golden, light armored planetar showed in the pics.

If you want to check it let me know if it's correct, so that other players who prefer that look other the "official" one can download it if they wish so.

Just checked, it's allright

Archived