Keldorn's quest

A little detail that may be perfected?

When Keldorn talks of CHARNAME with Maria, he mentions the quest is to find his/her childhood friend (Imoen). But what if this happens in chapter 6, with Imoen in the party?

That's likely, because the main quest, the Unseeing Eye, isn't for a beginning party.

Edit:

And in fact, all the quest is like this : finding Imoen would be Keldron's last quest before he resigns. You don't have the heart to take him in service if Imoen's been saved already.

I just realised you can pick Keldorn up without doing his quest (Unseeing Eye) at once, early in the game, and without lying to him.

When you meet him in the sewers, say you were sent to investigate there and say you should go separate ways. Before he leaves he tells you, when your work here is done, you can see him in the Radiant Heart HQ.

He doesn't demand that you finish the quest. He leaves it to your discretion. Then when you meet him in the HQ, he asks no question, he's ready to go on any quest. I know this isn't exactly Fixpack related, but do you think it's an OK way to get Keldorn early on?

edit:

And I recently found the hard way Anomen can't fail his quest if you want him and Keldorn, so I decided we should be strict with Anomen, the Order before all, but then with Keldorn too. As his wife is in prison, there's no objection anymore to Keldorn following us until the end of ToB.

Archived