Dual Screens

Guest Leatherman

Guest Leatherman

Hi

Firstly, this mod is fantastic. I was on the verge of giving up Planescape, having only just bought it, because the resolution is painfully low. Kudos :thumbsup: .

I have a request though, is there any way to make this work with an Extended Desktop over two screens? I know I am being demanding, but the hardware is there, dying to be used.

Thanks,

Steve

I don't know. You can try if you want (and report, I'd be interested in the results). The games really don't understand the concept of multiple monitors (E.G. scrolling works relative to the primary screen's area, even if the game is on the second monitor). When windowed it can draw half in a screen half in the other, but that's not helpful if it doesn't work fullscreen, and besides scrolling is hell anyway.

Guest Leatherman
I don't know. You can try if you want (and report, I'd be interested in the results). The games really don't understand the concept of multiple monitors (E.G. scrolling works relative to the primary screen's area, even if the game is on the second monitor). When windowed it can draw half in a screen half in the other, but that's not helpful if it doesn't work fullscreen, and besides scrolling is hell anyway.

It goes blank when I try it unfortunately. I use a stretched desktop in Windows. But I think it must switch away from this and put the hardware into a clone option automatically when the game starts (when I run in 1280x1024 I get duplicate images on each screen). A single monitor can't support the higher resolution, so no output. Some games will support the higher resolutions, some won't. I guess they use different modes. Whether support is built in deliberately, or by coincidence, I am not sure.

Cheers

Steve

Did a bit of searching. If you have Windows XP, you can configure your monitors to use Span mode rather than Extended mode; this will create effectively a single 2560x1024 virtual desktop that will then be stretched across your two real monitors (maximized programs will maximize across both screens, Torment will run 2560x1024 without problems, etc.).

If you have Windows Vista or 7, the Span feature is removed, and you'll need a Matrox DualHead2Go to emulate span mode (it costs 200$ though).

Guest Leatherman
Did a bit of searching. If you have Windows XP, you can configure your monitors to use Span mode rather than Extended mode; this will create effectively a single 2560x1024 virtual desktop that will then be stretched across your two real monitors (maximized programs will maximize across both screens, Torment will run 2560x1024 without problems, etc.).

If you have Windows Vista or 7, the Span feature is removed, and you'll need a Matrox DualHead2Go to emulate span mode (it costs 200$ though).

Thanks for this, I will give it a go and see what happens. :suspect:

Archived