Item icons not appearing

Guest grodrigues

Guest grodrigues

Hi all,

As per the title, the equipped item ability icons that appear over the portraits do not appear. In fact, said abilities do not appear in the record sheet also. I presume that this is not the intended behavior. This is my install (I am in a different computer, so this is not the full weidu log, but the install order is exact and the notes in parenthesis try to reflect what I installed -- at least what I can remember):

Fixpack

Ascension (optional components minus demogorgon)

BP (Ascension plus a few optional components)

Unfinished business (most components)

Tactics (a couple of components)

Quest Pack (only Improved Oasis)

Banter Pack

IEP banters (main components plus banter accelerator)

Wheels of Prophecy

Homeward Bound (only main component)

Solaufein

Kelsey (SoA plus ToB)

Rogue Rebalancing (all components except HLAs)

Refinements (only HLAs)

BG2 Tweaks (mishmash including PnP spell tables, weapon styles for all, etc.)

Bag Bonus (minor container additions to Deidre)

aTweaks (racial traits, paladin disease immunity, instant warrior innates, etc.)

Item Revisions (basically everything)

Spell Revisions (basically everything)

SCSII (basically everything)

1pp avatars

Level 1 NPC

Uninstalling from Level 1 NPC until Item Revisions and loading up a saved game, the icons reappear (e.g. the Mind Shield icon for Lilarcor, etc.). However, the magic resistance icon corresponding to Kelsey's cloak does *not* appear -- but this could be a problem with the Kelsey mod. Installing Item Revisions again (on top of whatever it was already installed) the icons disappear.

The installed versions of the mods are the latest ones as of late january 2010 (and yes, the october 2009 hotfixes for item revisions are installed).

Anyone have the slightest idea what is going on? Are there any incompatibilities in my install? Not directly related to the matter, but can the install order be improved (to decrease the chances of futzing the game)?

Thanks in advance.

IR V2 disables all portrait icons by default.

If you want I can explain why such change was and still is a MUST-HAVE within IR, but it's a long story.

IR V3 will restore some portrait icons, but only in those cases where the equipped item grants an effect which is EXACTLY the same of the spell to which the icon belongs.

Examples:

- Armor of Faith grants the wearer a permanent AoF spell while equipped, and thus displays the portrait icon. AoF spell doesn't stack with this armor AoF-like effect.

- Cleric's Staff grants the wearer a permanent Aid spell while equipped, and thus displays the portrait icon. Aid spell doesn't stack with this staff effect.

Archived