Question about Breach (SR vs SCSII)

Guest Michayel

Guest Michayel

I haven't started the lengthy install process yet, so I am not sure how this issue is handled by the installer itself; therefore please excuse me if this question is unnecessary:

I want to use most of Spell Revisions, and I understand that I can 'comment out' those few spells I would rather leave in their vanilla-state.

I want to use the SCSII version of BREACH, so that it can be used against Liches and Raks.

I understand that the SCSII recognises the SR install, but does it recognise individual spell inclusions?

In my case: can I 'comment out' the SR version of Breach, and then expect SCSII to implement its own version of Breach?

Thanks to anyone who has experience and takes the time to answer me.

Well, if David did what we discussed (making lich's immunity to 5th lvl spells via 'protecion from spell' opcodes), and I think he did, then SR's Breach and SCS one should be identical.

The only difference was that SR Breach power level was set to 5 as it should, while SCS one was set to 9, which caused some minor issues, but now SCS should have restored the correct value (5).

Thus, in theory SCS doesn't need to patch SR's Breach, but at the same time it's probably safe to say you can install SCS component over SR and the former simply won't change the latter, but only how liches react to the same spell.

Guest Michayel

Thanks for your help with this; I appreciate your time and patience both here and on the other thread where I was asking about Pro Fire and Pro Cold problems between the two mods.

I think I understand your comment there about not commenting out the scrolls for Pro Fire/Cold, but further to that, I notice in the TP2 file there are entries under Level 5 for these spells also:

COPY ~spell_rev\spwi5##\spwi524.spl~ ~override~ // Protection from Fire (moved from level 3)

SAY NAME1 @535 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @536

COPY ~spell_rev\spwi5##\spwi525.spl~ ~override~ // Protection from Cold (moved from level 3)

SAY NAME1 @537 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @538

Do I also need to comment out these entries?

Thanks for your help with this; I appreciate your time and patience both here and on the other thread where I was asking about Pro Fire and Pro Cold problems between the two mods.

I think I understand your comment there about not commenting out the scrolls for Pro Fire/Cold, but further to that, I notice in the TP2 file there are entries under Level 5 for these spells also:

COPY ~spell_rev\spwi5##\spwi524.spl~ ~override~ // Protection from Fire (moved from level 3)

SAY NAME1 @535 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @536

COPY ~spell_rev\spwi5##\spwi525.spl~ ~override~ // Protection from Cold (moved from level 3)

SAY NAME1 @537 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @538

Do I also need to comment out these entries?

If you comment out those entries there won't be any Protection from Fire/Cold in your game. :suspect: Spwi319 and spwi320 are vanilla's version of these spells, and are disabled by SR even if you don't install their SR version. The scrolls cast spwi524 and spwi525 (I should probably move their entries under the 5th lvl spells entries), and if you don't install the 5th lvl spells the scrolls won't be able to cast anything, because those spells didn't exist at all in vanilla.

I hope I've been clear, though I hope even more David can tell me what I have to do to completely remove the compatibility issue.

Yes, thank you, I think I can take it from here.

I'm going to delay my install for a while anyway, so hopefully all will be well by the time I start. I am really looking forward to the Spell Revisions mod (and of course SCSII); without them I would not want to play BG2 at all just now.

Keep up the good work, sir.

Archived