Copy SR spells to Talos abilities

Guest Brixter

Guest Brixter

Hi, I just found out kit spells are not affected by spell revisions when my Priest of Talos killed himself with a lightning bolt. How can I copy the SR version of lightning bolt? I can fiddle around with nearinfinity but I'm not sure how. Thanks!

I'll do it myself as I actually worked on Kit's spells (e.g. Avenger, Beastmaster and Stalker) but I forgot about Talos' Lightning Bolt innate ability.

It's spcl722, you can copy either the original spell (spwi308) or Avenger's version (spdr301) and rename it spcl722, then you should also set Spell Type to Innate, and Spell Level to 1.

If you give me a minute I'll post it here for you.

P.S Mike if you're handling Fixpack somehow there's a minor error here, as the spell Secondary Type is set to 'specific protections' instead of 'offensive damage'.

P.P.S Oh, I was forgetting Storm Shield...I'll do it too.

Just to be sure you don't miss it, I've added the two spells to the main install and you can find them here.

If you just want the two spells without re-installing SR simply copy spcl721 and spcl722 from the 'shared' folder of the hotfixes into your 'override' folder of your installed game. :down:

Let me know if there's any problem. :p

Guest Brixter

I tried copying the 2 spells into my override folder. When I loaded my saved game, the lightning and storm shield abilities vanished from my character. I tried resting but still those are unavailable. I restored my previous files and the abilities are back again.

I tried copying the 2 spells into my override folder. When I loaded my saved game, the lightning and storm shield abilities vanished from my character. I tried resting but still those are unavailable. I restored my previous files and the abilities are back again.
I was too quick and made a silly mistake sorry. I've updated the hotfixes again and the two innates should now work (I forgot to set as 'innate' not only the main files but also each header of the spells).

Archived