Prismatic Spray - Stun is undispellable

the bigg

One of the effects of Prismatic Spray is permanent stunning, not dispellable. Even if there are counter spells, they're no good if you don't know them and/or haven't them memorized and you're in a no-rest zone.

Mmm, it was intentional because it replaced the petrification effect but you do have a point. Anyway even if I make it dispellable Remove Paralysis remains the only reliable "cure" as Dispel Magic requires a lvl check, and if players don't have Dispel Magic memorized we are at square one.

A similar issue may happen with IR's tweak of Imprisonment if you don't have a Freedom scroll or memorized spell, and you are in a no-rest zone. Have you avoided it in any way with your tweak? I thought we did almost the same, except I lower INT whereas you raise it.

Does Feeblemind opcode have a similar issue?

True about Dispel Magic not being fool proof, but it's general purpose enough that you're bound to have one or two characters who can cast it.

Prismatic Spray's Feeblemind is dispellable with Dispel Magic. I think that making Stun dispellable and giving it a longish duration (1 hour, AKA 6 minutes real time) won't make the spell any less powerful in normal combat and give the player a reliable way out.

Tb#tweaks has a variable you can set via CLUA that will cast Freedom and/or Stone to Flesh on everybody if you're out of combat and Imprisonment/Flesh to Stone was cast.

True about Dispel Magic not being fool proof, but it's general purpose enough that you're bound to have one or two characters who can cast it.
Indeed, I was just saying we still wouldn't be 100% sure to eliminate the possibility of a stuck player. Anyway, even if I find it silly in this game you can rest even in the most absurd places (e.g. Nalia's Keep during the siege! :suspect: ), thus I'd say this issue already was almost impossible to get, and even less if we add "dispellability".

Prismatic Spray's Feeblemind is dispellable with Dispel Magic. I think that making Stun dispellable and giving it a longish duration (1 hour, AKA 6 minutes real time) won't make the spell any less powerful in normal combat and give the player a reliable way out.
I wasn't talking about PS's Feeblemind being dispellable or not, I was asking if a Feebleminded creature (from any source) could stuck the game in a no rest zone with no Dispel/Heal spells memorized.

Regarding PS's stun you're right, I can make it last 1 hour or so without altering the effectiveness at all. At least until V4, because then we may alter all Flesh to Stone abilities like we discussed with Ardanis (using a custom secondary effect), and I may be able to restore PS's petrification effect without fearing loot/romance/charname-breaking issues.

Archived