PS:T lock-up on area transition?

Guest tsmith

Guest tsmith

I'm using the 2-CD version (v. 1.1), with the widescreen mod (v. 2.31) set to 1440x900. For some reason, there are certain areas I can no longer enter even though I could previously. These are the private sensorium, public sensorium and Clerk Ward tailor's shop - possibly others as well, but these are the ones that I've currently tried. Others seem to work fine.

There's no error message or closing of the program. When I try to transition to these areas, it just goes to a blank, black screen after loading and locks up. I have to close it from the Task Manager.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod to no avail. Changing to a lower resolution will cause different areas to cause this, though sometimes it opens up the ones I listed above. I'm completely baffled.

I'm using the 2-CD version (v. 1.1), with the widescreen mod (v. 2.31) set to 1440x900. For some reason, there are certain areas I can no longer enter even though I could previously. These are the private sensorium, public sensorium and Clerk Ward tailor's shop - possibly others as well, but these are the ones that I've currently tried. Others seem to work fine.

There's no error message or closing of the program. When I try to transition to these areas, it just goes to a blank, black screen after loading and locks up. I have to close it from the Task Manager.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod to no avail. Changing to a lower resolution will cause different areas to cause this, though sometimes it opens up the ones I listed above. I'm completely baffled.

same thing in 1360x768 ("720p" HDready's native)... after 12 hours of all-out war against it, I randomly tried installing 1280x768 (NOT 720 - "unsupported resolution crash", at least for me). Don't know if it'll last, but it did let me enter this one otherwise totally inaccessible area at the southeast corner of the hive.

Archived