Chaotic Commands vs. Maze

Guest Rackham

Guest Rackham

Hi. I'm playing a solo Ranger/Cleric and having trouble vs. the maze spell (which means game over in a solo game).

After a little googling, i found out that Chaotic Commands is supposed to protect against Maze.

I'm thinking : "Great ! This is the solution !"

And yet it doesn't seem to work, and I'm wondering if this could come from Spell-rev ? Has anyone else experienced this problem ? I noticed that in the spell-rev description of Chaotic Commands (which is supposed to be more accurate than vanilla description, right ?), Maze isn't mentionned anywhere. Is Chaotic Commands intended not to work anymore against Maze ?

Yep, SR's Chaotic Commands doesn't protect from Maze anymore (and yes SR descriptions are supposed to be much more accurate). CC should protect from mind-affecting spells (that's why I've made it protect from almost all psionic powers), whereas Maze is a Conjuration spell which teleports the target into an extradimensional maze.

Now, I personally doesn't take into account soloers much, but for V4 I thought about adding Dimensional Anchor spell (immunity to Teleport Field, Maze and Imprisonment).

If this "issue" is a gamebreaking problem which prevents you from continuing your campaign I may help you to temporary modifying the spell (it's easy if you know how to use an editor), or may try to provide you with a modified spell.

Guest Rackham

Thank you for your fast answer.

Now that I know it's normal that CC doesnt work against Maze with SR, I'm a bit relieved (if it had been a bug...)

Thanks for offering me help to "fix" the issue, but I will work around it without changing the mod (after all, it makes sense that CC doesnt work vs. Maze) : I'll just have to wait for my Shield of the Archons to be able to fight those Liches and whatnot. I would have needed it to fight Imprisonment casters anyway.

Congrats on your mod btw, but maybe u could mention this CC change somewhere in the readme ? (I didnt see it anywhere).

Archived