Familiar problems

Guest guest_david

Guest guest_david

Hi Demi, I discovered few problems with the familiars within SR. I just started a new tutu game and enjoyed the effectiveness of the Pseudo-dragon. Some enemies (the dagger throwing skeletons in Highd Hedge, kobolds and bandits, mostly ranged attackers) doesn't recognize my familiar as an enemy and refuse to attack, they are just standing there. When I near my party close they attacking them but never the familiar.

The Pseudo-dragon went in front of the bandit leader and she doesn't turned hostile and remained in the blue circle. The dragon rendered her unconscious and it was easily to finish her of with my lvl 1 cleric/mage.

Then a brown bear killed my familiar and this resulted with my protagonists instant-death. As per description, in the case of the death of the familiar it is supposed to lose 1 con. point but not to die immediately?

Sometimes when the familiar kills an enemy, it doesn't attacks automatically the next when the AI is on.

Hi Demi, I discovered few problems with the familiars within SR. I just started a new tutu game and enjoyed the effectiveness of the Pseudo-dragon.
SR's familiars are hugely overpowered within BG1, as they were designed for BG2. :beer: If I'll ever find the time and inspiration (working on them consumed my patience and I did only a tiny fraction of the work) I'd like to resume my work on them as discussed here, and then you'll finally have 'truly revised' familiars instead of 'improved' familiars. Right now I personally don't consider them on par with the rest of the mod.

Some enemies (the dagger throwing skeletons in Highd Hedge, kobolds and bandits, mostly ranged attackers) doesn't recognize my familiar as an enemy and refuse to attack, they are just standing there. When I near my party close they attacking them but never the familiar. The Pseudo-dragon went in front of the bandit leader and she doesn't turned hostile and remained in the blue circle. The dragon rendered her unconscious and it was easily to finish her of with my lvl 1 cleric/mage.
Very strange. :) I've just checked and Pseudo Dragon is set as Ally (for player), thus enemies should indeed consider it an enemy. And you say it happens only against some enemies, not all of them? :D

Can you post a changelog on FAMPSD.CRE or your Weidu.log? Because I never received similar reports, thus I'd tend to say it's either a bad install or a mod conflict.

Then a brown bear killed my familiar and this resulted with my protagonists instant-death. As per description, in the case of the death of the familiar it is supposed to lose 1 con. point but not to die immediately?
You may have lost a couple of hit points because of the CON loss, other than that I don't know.

Sometimes when the familiar kills an enemy, it doesn't attacks automatically the next when the AI is on.
I didn't assigned them any script at all, thus they should behave as per vanilla. I'll look into it.

Does any other player using familiars ever encounter similar issues?

Guest guest_david

I installed a fresh easytutu game: tutufix, degreenifier, npckits, bg1ub, bg1npc, SR+hotfix so far.

Now skeletons, kobolds, random bandits attacks correctly the familiar (it's a bit strange that the Pseudo dr. can render the skeletons unconscious).

It seems that SCS causes the non-attacking feature (with SCS they are hostile but do nothing, rarely defending self with melee weapons).

At the bandit leader the familiar doesn't trigger the dialogue, when my party is off-screen, and the bandits there attacking not, except the leader.

You may have lost a couple of hit points because of the CON loss, other than that I don't know.

Yes, my char. was wounded, when the fam. died.

Guest guest_david

I installed SCS and the mentioned foes refuse again to attack the familiar (the party is off-screen). When for example a skeleton sees my party it immediately attacks with its throwing daggers.

I installed SCS and the mentioned foes refuse again to attack the familiar (the party is off-screen). When for example a skeleton sees my party it immediately attacks with its throwing daggers.
I don't know what to say, and I don't have any TuTu install to test it myself.

At the same time I'm almost sure at least some players used SR's familiars on BG1 without issues, and unless other players can reproduce it I doubt we can have David look into something that may not even be SCS related (or do you verified that is caused by SCS?). For now I really can't do anything about it sorry.

Once again, does any other TuTu+SR+SCS player ever encountered a similar issues? :beer:

Archived