Staff of Rynn; C/R dual wield; Katanas

Guest achilleus

Guest achilleus

1. Staff of Rynn cannot be used by elves.

no matter magi or sorcerers

2. Cleric/Ranger suffers more penalty when dual wielding.

TOB new character:

3 points in two weapon style

2 in flail

2 in war hammer

20str

Weapons:

Flail of Ages +3

Hammer of Thunderbolts +3

main hand: 1

off hand: 6

It seems that 1 point of two weapon style was ignored.

No problem for single class ranger.

I don't think katanas are heavy. In BG2, they seem to be lighter ones for self defense rather than those longer heavier ones used by mounted samurais.

War hammers, in my opinion, should be heavy.

1. Staff of Rynn cannot be used by elves.

no matter magi or sorcerers

I know, it's one of the two pending fixes. I wasn't sure about updating the hotfixes just for them but I may do it.

2. Cleric/Ranger suffers more penalty when dual wielding.

TOB new character:

3 points in two weapon style

2 in flail

2 in war hammer

20str

Weapons:

Flail of Ages +3

Hammer of Thunderbolts +3

main hand: 1

off hand: 6

It seems that 1 point of two weapon style was ignored.

No problem for single class ranger.

:) I don't know what to say...it's hardly IR-related though. I hope it's not another hardcoded issue.

3. I don't think katanas are heavy. In BG2, they seem to be lighter ones for self defense rather than those longer heavier ones used by mounted samurais.

War hammers, in my opinion, should be heavy.

In terms of weight katanas probably are more or less like long swords, but the change is there both for balance (to avoid 2x 1d10 weapon with no penalty) and to make sure players use them with wakizashis (katana's companion sword in the traditional daisho) like true samurais would.

In theory all blunt weapons (except perhaps clubs) are difficult to dual wield properly, not only for their weight. BG hammers are quite strange, because they were the less damaging blunt weapons (on par with clubs!) but they look like heavy mauls rather than light hammers. Long story short, for V2 we simply considered them "normal" for dual wielding properties for balance reasons, because if we give them -1 penalty then we should give -2 to flais, which are both heavier and much more difficult to swing, especially if dual wielded.

Archived