Can't get 1280x720 to work

Guest Lyman

Guest Lyman

I have the GOG version of BG2 and Windows 7 64bit with a Radeon HD 5770.. When I use the widescreen mod I can get the game to run at 1920x1080 fullscreen fine, but if I try to make it 1280x720 fullscreen it will instead change to 1280x1024 so it puts black bars on the top and bottom and makes the play area extra squished. It works fine in window mode, but I prefer to play in widescreen.

Guest Trogdor

Hey, I have the same problem.. what driver config utility? I see the game config utility, which does not list the 16:9 resolutions...

Guest cajhaj

hello I have the same problem, except i have radeon 4670 and wide resolution which is working is 1440x900 ... ONLY! but everything is too little to my eyes, i really need something like 1280x800 etc but cannot get to work :)

Guest Guest_Stephen_*

There's not really much in the way of documentation with the WSM, so I'm not sure if after initially running it and it successfully installing/patching, if the resolution you requested is supposed to automatically take effect, or if a new option is supposed to appear in the configurator. Neither seem to be the case. Not only is there no option, after a successful install, the same remains at the default resolution and the only way for me to have it changed is by simply selecting from the default resolutions that were already available.

I am not having issues installing for BG2, yet it doesn't actually do anything.

I had the same problem (black borders at 1280x720 res using widescreen mod), which I resolved as follows:

1) Set to 1600x900 res in widescreen mod. Ran game, still had borders.

2) Uninstalled widescreen mod. Ran game and quit out with Ctrl-Alt-Del (since only got a corner of the screen displayed).

3) Reinstalled widescreen mod setting res to 1280x720. Ran game ,which now displayed without borders.

I don't know why this worked, but it proved sucessful on both my BG easytutu install and my IWD install.

Archived