Flesh to stone/imprisonment

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'm wondering if these spells are altered at all to avoid ending the game if cast on the protagonist? And do they still break romances/other dialogue, since i've heard that's what normally happens?

And, does petrification refer to flesh to stone too (in terms of what is happening in the game), i.e. Basilisk petrification works the same, under the hood as it were, as the spell flesh to stone, or is it different? Same question here and in case there's other similar game-ending effects I forgot to ask about.

I plan to fix Flesh to Stone for V4 (e.g. using a a permanent hold effect and a custom secondary type to cure it), as well as suggesting to tweak it to make it more appealing without making its save-or-else effect overkill (aka adding a secondary effect like temporary slowing the target, or holding it for 1 round on a failed save instead of having a harsh save penalty to its permanent petrification main effect). Within V3 this spell pretty much work as per vanilla, because I didn't knew back then any issue free solution to fix it.

Imprisonment within SR works as a permanent Maze effect, thus it won't break romances, and doesn't end the game unless you play a solo game. Demi-lich's Soul Trap is also tweaked to work like that, though its changes doesn't end there, as I made it allow a save to avoid imprisonment and I added a secondary lvl drain effect on a successful save (SCS did the same).

Disintegrate within SR doesn't destroy the loot anymore, because it isn't an insta-kill effect anymore, but rather a dmg dealing spell a la 3rd edition.

Archived