Question, RE: Custom Kits

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I have one cool custom kits installed (Death Knight) which has powers like Vampiric Touch, Animate dead etc as innate abilities.

Assuming I wanted to use the SR versions of these spells instead, how would i go about it? What tool do you use to edit kits?

Thx!

I have one cool custom kits installed (Death Knight) which has powers like Vampiric Touch, Animate dead etc as innate abilities.

Assuming I wanted to use the SR versions of these spells instead, how would i go about it? What tool do you use to edit kits?

Mmm...I'm not sure which solution I should suggest you, but the easiest one probably is to:

- copy the relevant spl files from SR (e.g. spwi.spl for Vampiric Touch and sppr301.spl for Animate Dead)

- use Near Infinity to change their spell type flag from of wizard/priest to innate

- change the 'Ability icon location' of every header from 'spell slots' to ' 'innate slots'

- rename the spl files as the innate abilities used by that kit (I don't know the resource filenames for such kit, you have to look for them with NI)

- override kit's spl files with these tweaked SR ones

All of this assuming SR is installed, else you'd need to also add a lot of eff, cre, and itm files. ;)

Long story short, it's quite easy to do, but I don't know how familiar you are with NI, and messing with things you don't know may not be a good idea. I don't have much spare time right now, but if you need help let me know.

Archived