Probably WSM error in languages versions handling

Zed Nocear

I made a mod with Polish and English version, Polish first declared. If Polish and English setup.TRA have the same name, there is all OK. But I want declare different names, theoretically it should be possible:

LANGUAGE ~Polski~
	 ~Polski~
	 ~TWM_Pack/Translations/Polski/setup-PL.tra~

LANGUAGE ~English~	
	 ~English~ 
	 ~TWM_Pack/Translations/English/setup-EN.tra~

I install the mod in BG1 on Windows XP. Now if I install with Polish language option, it's still alright. But if I install with English language option, strings in game are correct in English, WeiDU.log is in English, but messages in console window ("DOS box") are wrong in Polish. If I return to one name "setup.tra" for both languages, the error in English installation vanish.

I can't imagine what might cause this, but either way you should keep the same name for all translations for clarity (IMHO).

Ok, as You wish. It remains the only solution.

BTW, is it possible to add to WeiDU instruction, which reloads from disc all declared TRA in LANGUAGE declaration, like ie. CLEAR_IDS_MAP, please. LOAD_TRA exists already in Weidu, but it needs the patch to specific TRA file. I have idea, that needs to change TRA files "on installation", but WeiDU uses old versions of TRA declared in LANGUAGE.

Archived