Spell Trap broken(?) with fixpack v10

Spell Trap seems to not work correctly sometimes with the BG2 fixpack v10 installed.

When the bug occurs the Spell Trap effect will cancel all targeted spells on the protected character but it will not replenish spells as per normal behavior. It will also never run out, no matter how many spells it prevents.

I've been trying to determine what exactly causes that to happen but frustratingly it seems kind of random. Most of the time if I create a new character and give it the required levels and spells to test via console it will work correctly. But on various saved games I have in ToB, I cannot get Spell Trap working on Nalia no matter what I do. On other saves from the same game it work fine however.

Uninstalling the [bG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes] component always makes Spell Trap work correctly in all cases, even on save files where it previously did not.

For what it's worth, I've been playing BG2 with the fixpack quite a lot in the last couple of years and this never happened in that time, so I suppose it's a regression introduced by the most recent version. Are older versions of the fixpack available anywhere?

Script: Scripting State Modifier [282] is attached to the Spell Trap spell twice (with same scripting state). This is probably the bug and there are going to be a few more of these. Note that I was looking into this and found a bunch of these 282's with zero probability [should be 100] as well as other inconsistencies such as wrong power levels [should either be zero or the spell level -- depending on which it should be for the particular spell]. I'm assuming the detect spell mod that's doing this. Nice that it's been added....BUT...BUGS AGHH!! Near Infinity can fix these for now if you feel like doing it by hand. I suspect it is ideal to have all 282's at the top of the spell commands so that they fire first in the order.

Archived