Help with getting Shapeshifter tweak to work in BG2:EE?

Daelomin

Hi all,

I recently completed a game of BGEE with a buddy and we're looking forward to starting up BG2EE. However, I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed with my human druid. My buddy had a lot of fun with his dwarf fighter though, so that's the main thing. This was his first playthough, whereas it was my, oh, probably 8th!

Anyway, we're wanting to get BG2 going and for the sake of immersion for my buddy's sake I'm willing to keep my druid, but I was hoping to tweak him up a bit, namely with the Shapeshifter Rebalance. I installed the Tweak Pack v16 onto my BG2EE install, but upon loading it up and creating a new Shapeshifter druid with the same stats as my BGEE druid, the shapechange ability doesn't work. I click on it and the character makes the motion as if it's "casting" the ability, and the ability use shows up in the dialogue window, but nothing happens.

I exited the game and got a fresh install of BG2EE loaded up and created a shapeshifter with the vanilla game. Sure enough, directly out of Irenicus' intro cutscene in the dungeon, I can shapechange into a werewolf right away.

I tried installing the tweak pack again, but this time I installed ONLY the Shapeshifter Rebalance (the first time I installed a bunch of tweaks I wanted). Upon getting the game going again I notice that some changes definitely have taken effect (i.e. the new spells are available, like Chant and Glyph of Warding), but again the shapeshift ability did not work.

Any ideas on what's going on and how I can get this to function properly? Anyone else see the same thing for the SHapeshifter Rebalance on BG2EE?

Thanks for any help!

EDIT : I am an idiot. I knew from reading the description that the Shapeshifter Rebalance created an item that was to be used for the changes to take place. However, this whole time i was assuming that when you use the Shapeshift ability that the item would be automatically equipped, and therefore the shapechange would take place immediately upon using the ability. However, it does not. All I had to do was go into my inventory and equip the item.

Archived