About Editing Items for BG2EE (Description's item)

Pol_Rupes

Hi! I'm trying to edit a certain item that is just used for a particular character (e.g. a sword usable only by Keldorn).

The thing is that the description in the item (once in the game) also includes things like "not usable by: Wizard Slayer, Mages, Druids, etc."

I just want the description to say only: "Usable by Keldorn" and not the rest of the text that the engine puts automatically in the game.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, Guest tipun said:

Use opcode # 319 (319) Usability: Item Usability and remove all other Usability flags.

With that effect it worked! This is the Effect description:

Set spell level to 1 to disable this item for other than the given IDS entry. Usability STRREF is stored in the special field (0x2c).

Known values for 'IDS File' are:
2   EA.ids
3   General.ids
4   Race.ids
5   Class.ids
6   Specific.ids
7   Gender.ids
8   Align.ids
9   Kit.ids
10  Actor's name
11  Actor's scripting name (8 maximum in resource field)

'IDS Entry' is a value from the specified IDS file, indicating the specific creature type to affect.

So I choose 11 as the value and load the .cre file. 

image.png.db3adfb4279fc9654990883935ba20d5.png

I set the Power field in 1. The thing is the Special field along side the Power field. That field indicates the string number to set in the Usability description of the item. So if I want to that item just to be used by Jan, I put the 'Jan' string number in that place. The bad thing is that idk how to put a 'new string' e.g. a new character's name. I tried to export the tp2 effect file but it's empty.