Looking for "weinstall" tips and tricks

Some things I've found out in using weinstall (on GNU/Linux):

1. Point to the directory you want to install without the leading "./" or often times mods will fail to find their own directory/set of files needed to install.  for instance, use "weinstall stratagems", NOT "weinstall ./stratagems" or "weinstall ./stratagems/*tp2" - the last 2 will tend to fail unless you copy all their contents to the top directory of your game files

2. To auto-accept (even on setup files that use "i" instead of "y", you can use "weinstall component --yes")

3. To uninstall, "weinstall component --uninstall"

The first one wasn't very clear when I was reading the help output, and came to that revelation through much trial and error.

What other "weinstall" or "weidu" tips and tricks are there?  (a lot of the output from --help isn't very clear to me as to how it would be used).

I'm hoping to find ways to expand on 2 and 3 - something like the "--yes" flag, but to do yes for everything *but* some set of components - does weinstall have any type of feature? (to exclude a component, like stratagems "spellhold items", from installing, while installing everything else? - my closest fix was just commenting out the lines in stratagems setup related to it)

Is there a way to finely target --uninstall?  So you can just uninstall a single component from a mod?  (or --install a single component)

Edited by ahungry