A new look at armour.

Belanos

Guest Aristothenes

A question from the left field:

I don't understand how magic armour would make you harder to hit, but not harder to damage...

That's like saying it makes you invisible - you can't be seen but you can be hit just the same...?!?

A question from the left field:

I don't understand how magic armour would make you harder to hit, but not harder to damage...

That's like saying it makes you invisible - you can't be seen but you can be hit just the same...?!?

It's not so much that it makes you harder to hit, just harder to get in a blow that actually does any damage in the first place. There's no way with people swinging swords etc. right in front of each other that they're going to miss as much as they do in these games. Just think of it as they are actually hitting each other, but the armour protected them from getting hurt by the blow. So the game counts it as a miss.

I installed the IWD2 Ease of Use component that adds damage reduction to armour. Although I didn't really like the way it was done, a little overpowered IMO, I liked the general idea and it's inspired me to fiddle with it and change a few other things as well. These changes can be used in BG1 & 2 as well. Here's what I've come with so far:

After reading this line, I thought it is planned for BG2...

Archived