Character Creation Glitches - Post EET Installation

Guest VeryConfusedIndividual

Guest VeryConfusedIndividual

Short Ver.

All classes and races during character creation are listed as "Invalid: 201793" or similar.

Long Ver.

I installed modmerge, EET, and a bunch of EET compatible mods today into my BG1EE and BG2EE folders. Both games were acquired via Steam. I had just finished installing setup-EET_end and went to launch the game. When I finally got to the main menu, I was somewhat taken aback by the fact the all the text was in German. I fiddled around a bit and was eventually able to change to English via the in-game options menu. Having gotten past that hurdle, I went to start a new game. Everything with gender and portrait selection proceeded as normal but then, when it was time to select my race, I found a list of Invalid: 20-such-and-such instead of the usual elf, human, half-orc. I'm not sure if I installed something in wrong order or in the wrong place, or if I launched the game incorrectly, but any help would be thoroughly appreciated.

The order I installed mods and where:

1. Installed modmerge into my BG1 folder
  2. Installed setup-EET into my BG2 folder
  3. Installed BG1 NPC Project into my BG1 folder
  4. Installed BG1 Romantic Encounters into my BG1 folder
  5. Installed Coran's Extended Friendship Talks into my BG1 folder
  6. Installed Garrick's Infatuation into my BG1 folder
  7. Installed Crossmod Banter into my BG2 folder
  8. Installed BG2 Romantic Encounter into my BG2 folder
  9. Installed setup-EET_end in my BG2 folder

Hello,

Unfortunatly your install order is wrong.

You need to start again, on new games...

- Before you begin your installation, launch both game first, set the language you want to use and close the games

- When you install the first mod, Weidu asks you in which language you want to play, beware to enter the right one...

And take some time to read what is displayed in the weidu window when you install a mod

In this list you can see that some mod need to be installed on BGEE and other on BG2EE, for you they all go on BG2EE. (except for modmerge)

- On BGEE

1- I think it's better to use DlcMerger instead of modmerge, install it on BGEE before anything else.

- On B2GEE

2- setup-EET

3- BG1 Romantic Encounters

4- BG1 NPC Project

5- Coran's Extended Friendship Talks

6- Garrick's Infatuation

7- BG2 Romantic Encounter

8- Crossmod Banter

9- setup-EET_end

Edited by JohnBob

Definitely a language problem - sounds like you installed EET in the wrong language, i.e. one not matching what the games are installed in. "Invalid: #" is what the game displays when there's a string reference that doesn't have valid text associated with it. (And none of your other mods would have touched the menus)

Language selection for mod installation should be the first question you're asked during the process.

Any mods installed after you've done the basic EET setup need to be installed to the folder that you'll play EET from - which is BG2EE. Install something to BGEE at this stage, and it just won't show up because you're not using that game at all.

Edited by jmerry