Wider selection of random scrolls component in BG2ee

Guest caes

Hello. It seems to me that something isn’t right with the Wider selection of random scrolls component of SCS

In unmoded BG2ee game, or without this component, I regularly get high-level scrolls from Amnish guards, with this component – never, not even one scroll. 

I’ve checked by entering the Promenade 10 times, each time loading the area anew from the autosave in Irenicus Dungeon, and Cntr+Y all Amnish guards in the area. 

With the said component of SCS I get zero high-level scroll drops from guards. After I uninstall it – at least 4. No other mods installed, only SCS v.34. BG2ee v.2.6.6.0. 

Is this working as intended? I’ve first noticed that back in 2019, both SCS and BG2ee were of different versions, and since then I’ve never used that component. But I’m wondering, maybe I’m simply not getting something here? 

I understand, there’s also the Add extra spell scrolls for hard-to-find spells component. May be that somehow prevents high-level scrolls from appearing on Amnish guards?