Some issues related to effect/spell condition checking and repeating spells under some condition

Out of curiosity, is there any way to force this checking to be faster than once per round? Maybe I missed something that I don't think I've found a way of making those things trigger instantaneously conditionally. For example, when testing equipment that respond to the time of day, it doesn't actually trigger when night happens, it happens after the check is done, which could be 6 seconds after night triggers. So, the question is, can you force the engine to check faster so it's more responsive?

For some things this is not all that important, but it's kind of annoying for things that are supposed to apply swiftly for the sake of utility and consistency.

Also would love to know if there's some way to make repeating spell effects (like a night bonus increasing AC bonus, or whatever) persist while the condition is true instead of reapplying every round. There's a time mismatch and there's usually a fraction of time (up to maybe one second) where the effect is actually not present, if the repeating spell reapplies once per round. I've seen this in numerous spells and items. This is "fixed" by increasing the spell duration to 7 seconds, but it also causes the effects to stack on themselves for a second, which is also not good. The only way I found this is feasible is for spells that set something or other, instead of adding, because then the stacks don't matter.

So, is this fixable in some non-broken or hacky way?

7 minutes ago, RoyalProtector said:

This is "fixed" by increasing the spell duration to 7 seconds, but it also causes the effects to stack on themselves for a second, which is also not good.

You can always just use opcode 321 to prevent the stacking. If you're modding for the EE, anyway. Remove previous instance of the spell, then apply the new spell. That lets you stretch the duration longer as well, so you don't have to worry about lapses even if time gets warped. And you can have a flip side effect trigger during the day to remove the effect of the night spell even if it hasn't expired yet.

On the bigger picture ... I think the only way you can get things to check more often is to use scripts instead. Not a great idea if it's an equipment bonus you're trying to implement.