Question about REACT_TO_DIE_SPECIFIC sound

It's a 2DA file, of course.

As an example, I'll use Tiax and his line "Ha ha ha ha! Smart guy dies, and Tiax goes on to RULE!"

The key file here is DEATH.2DA. Find the row for the character, and check the nonzero entries in that row against whoever died. Both rows and columns use script names as a key. In this example, that's exactly one entry - Quayle. If Quayle dies, Tiax pipes up with that line. Anyone else, and he doesn't care.

Some characters may have multiple nonzero entries in their rows. Ajantis will say his line "It is unfortunate our companion died before he could recant his ways" for Eldoth, Xzar, Montaron, Tiax, Kagain, or Edwin.

18 hours ago, jmerry said:

It's a 2DA file, of course.

As an example, I'll use Tiax and his line "Ha ha ha ha! Smart guy dies, and Tiax goes on to RULE!"

The key file here is DEATH.2DA. Find the row for the character, and check the nonzero entries in that row against whoever died. Both rows and columns use script names as a key. In this example, that's exactly one entry - Quayle. If Quayle dies, Tiax pipes up with that line. Anyone else, and he doesn't care.

Some characters may have multiple nonzero entries in their rows. Ajantis will say his line "It is unfortunate our companion died before he could recant his ways" for Eldoth, Xzar, Montaron, Tiax, Kagain, or Edwin.

Ah, indeed I could check 2DAs.  Thank you!