Editing the Temple of Elemental Evil pre-provided characters

CashDiver

Greetings, my question is about less popular RPG project named Temple of Elemental Evil. I'm new to it and already learned that it is recomended to play with some additional patches like Circle of Eight, Temple Plus, etc. At first I found unpatched version where two of suggested companions for beginners have portraits and names of each other, and the models-skins of some of all these companions where awful, that is not comparing to their portraits at all, but it's not the question. Later patched versions have these two characters and others models corrected, but I stucked at first impression and want to play in modern Temple of Elemental Evil with those two initially named.
I'm not into modding, but I've found that Temple of Elemental Evil characters characteristics can be modified through Dungeon Master editor, it's not about names or skins. The portraits of characters are in Toee.dat file that can be extracted or packed by some of these tools:
https://co8.org/community/threads/other-modding-tools.1887/
So the plan is simply to change the portraits and model files names and pack them back, and edit characters through Dungeon Master later, but I still don't know where models files are, and as far as I understood the characters armor, clothes, skin and haircuts files may be decentrilized, so it may not work.
Does someone know where characters models files are or maybe this editing can be done by some other way?