Baldurs Gate 2 original GUI problems

Hopefully someone can provide some insight to the issue I've had getting the original games to look decent.

My native resolution is 2560 x 1600. For most of my BGT installs I've selected the 1024 x 768 option in BGconfig. I set "Full Panel" in my graphics settings and let the application control DPI.

This gives me a decently wide game window, but of course, has the unfortunate drawback of shrinking the GUI. 

I though I found my solution with @Insomniator's amazing BG2 ImprovedGUI mod.

The component "x2 Scaled Graphics for HD Resolutions (1280x960 and above) -> GUI + Cursor/Tooltips + Main Game Window"  seemed like it might solve the issue...Unfortunately it didn't seem to do anything on previous installs. 

This time I relented and installed the Widescreen mod, which I've avoided because of past problems. I set the X and Y to 1280 and 800 respectively. 

I chose these components for BG2 ImprovedGUI, with the following results:

~BG2IMPROVEDGUI/BG2IMPROVEDGUI.TP2~ #0 #2330 // x2 Scaled Graphics for HD Resolutions (1280x960 and above) -> GUI + Cursor/Tooltips + Main Game Window: 5.6
~BG2IMPROVEDGUI/BG2IMPROVEDGUI.TP2~ #0 #2400 // x2 Scaled Graphics for Widescreen Mod, select only if Widescreen Mod was installed with special half resolution: 5.6

Menu.thumb.jpg.d35673fa76b04dbf17337d649ae71324.jpgGame.thumb.jpg.fd5e7babff2bde94958f0b89ee443ec3.jpg

All the menu's now have black bars and the GUI is still completely shrunk 😒

The only thing I can think of at this point is that there might be a conflict with these components and the 1PP GUI component that's installed before them.

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #104 // 1ppv4: GUI additions for BGII: v4.2.1

It's the only other mod changing the GUI.

Any thoughts or solutions?

I always tried that .dll and it didn't work in my game either. Given the lack of CLEAR images showing you how it's supposed to be (not the lack of images), I simply moved from Original to EE because UI is one of the things you have to experience almost non stop in BG.

If you ever happen to succeed, please, post your progress and show the world how it's supposed to be.

Edited by Morgoth