Broken ALIGNMEN.IDS

I was looking at some dialogues. Aldwin's dialogue from the Evening Shade Inn in Kuldahar (Dialogue file DALDWIN) after you confront him with the ring you found at one point has two responses: "You're right. I will take Eidan's ring to the elders..." and "Look, you sniveling little dog...". The both have alignment checks as follows: !Alignment(Protagonist, MASK_EVIL) and !Alignment(Protagonist, MASK_GOOD).

However, these alignment  restrictions don't work. When I play the game, both dialogue options are available to all good or evil characters.

Which reminded me of another issue where the game didn't recognise hex numbers in a condition. It seems that it is also true for the IDS file. All the IDS references get translated to hex numbers and not recognised.

A solution is to create an IDS file like this

0 NONE
11 LAWFUL_GOOD
12 LAWFUL_NEUTRAL
13 LAWFUL_EVIL
21 NEUTRAL_GOOD
22 NEUTRAL
23 NEUTRAL_EVIL
31 CHAOTIC_GOOD
32 CHAOTIC_NEUTRAL
33 CHAOTIC_EVIL
1 MASK_GOOD
2 MASK_GENEUTRAL
3 MASK_EVIL
10 MASK_LAWFUL
20 MASK_LCNEUTRAL
30 MASK_CHAOTIC

I tested it by putting this in IDS file in the Override folder, then loaded Aldwin's dialogue again. This time, the conditions kicked in properly.

Another dialogue with the same issue is DWHITCOM. When you confront him about Lysan, you're supposed to have different options depending on alignment:

!Alignment(Protagonist, MASK_GOOD) and !Alignment(Protagonist, MASK_EVIL)

The checks don't work because of the broken Alignmen.IDS