Regarding Axes and Shamans (in Weapprof.2da)

Guest Fuzzylogi

Guest Fuzzylogi

Hey guys,

I just wanted to give Druids access to axes in IWD:EE (and probably remove use of scimitars from them).

So I have some minor experience with Near Infinity, and I thought I should edit the Weapprof.2da file as a first step.

I also took a look at this https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/files/2da/2da_tob/weapprof.htm

Anyway, I started editing this file for Druid, Fighter/Druid, and kits, putting 1 instead of 0 in the line AXE (ID 6, NAME_REF  36795) - and 2 in the case of F/D.

But when I reached the Shaman column, I noticed they have a 0 in this position, although they can use Axes, and I'm playing a game with an axe-wielding shaman in fact.

I noticed they have a 1 in another place though, a bit lower... A second AXE line, but with ID 92, NAME_REF 36805 - I hadn't noticed it, lol

So my question is, what is the difference between those two AXE proficiencies? And how should I go about editing my Druids?

Thanks in advance, hope someone can shed some light cause I couldn't find more info.

Guest Fuzzylogi

Heya, it's me again!

So, I'm just curious to understand how this works.

Let's say I use values (x,y), where x=max proficiency points allowed for AXE 1 (ID 6), and y=the same for AXE 2 (ID 92)

From what I can see in the weapprof.2da, all the classes except for Shaman have x=y, either (0,0), (1,1), (2,2), (4,4) or (5,5)

But Shaman has (0,1) - and is able to choose Axe proficiency.

I did this test (all in one go):

I edited Druid from (0,0) to (1,1) and was able to choose Axe proficiency.

I edited Fighter/Druid from (0,0) to (2,2) and was able to choose Axe specialization.

I edited Totemic Druid from (0,0) to (0,1) and was able to choose Axe proficiency.

I edited Shapeshifter from (0,0) to (1,0) and was NOT able to choose Axe proficiency.

So it looks like the second line, AXE with ID 92 is the important one..

But what does the other line do? Could it be used for 2-handed axes? Remember, this is IWD:EE.