Getting two Delons

Guest pro5

Roana, your fix isn't quite doing it either. ;)

Hello,

You are right, Cam, my fix isn't doing it, so I have done a new (This is a looong post, but… - I should explain what I suggest and why I have what done) :)

Well, I have thought – again - about this all, reviewed the dailoge files and the scripts... and I guess, I know now, what Bioware wanted to do exactly with this script…

(Please forgive me, but I have never played with this silly Minsc in my group – always dump him out just after the beginning cutscene in Waukeen Promenade. I hate him in BG1, and I hate him and his very silly comments in BG2 too. I know, that I stand pretty alone with this, but as I say – please forgive me this :) )

The result: well, we have to script 2 Delons in one script so I guess, you may want to take my now great changes in one baf and compile it, if you tested it and it will run good (My old savegames are not good for testing, as they will not run correctly after the changes, I have made yet to the game by reading your TP2 – I can only view them in NI to see, what a savegame will not save, save and how, if needed. So please forgive me again, that I don’t test it by myself :) )

In the result of my thoughts and research, I have rewritten the whole script for the two Delons – the Actor and the spawned one, if spawned:

// the following block for the spawned Delon and the one in AR1000, if Minsc is in the Party:

IF

Global("TalkedToLloyd","GLOBAL",0)

!See("Minsc")

InParty("Minsc")

THEN

RESPONSE #100

MoveToObject("Minsc") // to force him to go towards the Party until he “sees†Minsc, as e.g. Terl does is spawned by Anomen

END

IF

InParty("Minsc")

See("Minsc")

!Dead("Minsc")

!StateCheck("Minsc",STATE_SLEEPING)

CombatCounter(0)

NumTimesTalkedTo(0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Dialogue("Minsc")

END

IF

OR(4)

!InParty("Minsc")

!See("Minsc")

Dead("Minsc")

StateCheck("Minsc",STATE_SLEEPING)

CombatCounter(0)

NumTimesTalkedTo(0)

See([PC])

Delay(8)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

DisplayStringHead(Myself,20820) // Ich habe Euch einen Vorschlag zu machen, wenn Ihr ihn denn hören wollt.

END

// the following new block for the spawned Delon:

IF

!Global("OgronAttack","GLOBAL",1) // Ranger quest – value set by Baldur.bcs just before spawning him – by ending this dialogue he will always leave

!Global("UmarPlot","GLOBAL",1) // Ranger quest – value set by Baldur.bcs just before spawning him – by ending this dialogue he will always leave

OR(3)

Global("TalkedToLloyd","GLOBAL",1) // as this is ALWAYS set by the Mayor, if you help or not by speaking with him first, only this

Dead("shadel") // an additional check to “make sure†you have been in Umar Hills…

InParty("Mazzy") // …Tempel Ruins, if you have not spoken to the mayor, just followed the rumors instead

Global("Delon1GoesHome","LOCALS",0)

!AreaCheck("AR1000")

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("Delon1GoesHome","LOCALS",1)

EscapeArea()

END

// and the altered block for the Actor in AR1000 (the second Delon, if there is a spawned one, he should go home TOO, if no spawned one is there, he should go home anyway, if you were in Umar Hills):

IF

OR(3)

Global("TalkedToLloyed","GLOBAL",1) // see above

Dead("shadel") // see above

InParty("Mazzy") // see above

AreaCheck("AR1000")

Global("Delon2GoesHome","LOCALS",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("Delon2GoesHome","LOCALS",1)

EscapeArea()

END

// and the alterd block for the Actor in AR1000 (the second Delon, if there is a by Minsc spawned one elsewhere, and you haven’t been in this area before, he should go home):

IF

GlobalTimerExpired("MinscDelon","GLOBAL")

InParty("Minsc")

!Dead("Minsc")

AreaCheck("AR1000")

Global("DelonMoves","LOCALS",0)

Global("TalkedToDelon","GLOBAL",1) // is ALWAYS set by talking to him in his first Response Actions, regardless if you want to help him or not – no need to set a NumTimesTalkedTo here, only alter into the right value, that should be set already by the spawned Delon - means: you HAVE talked to him

Global("TalkedToLloyed","GLOBAL",0) // and he isn't gone yet - see above

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("DelonMoves","LOCALS",1)

EscapeArea() // to make sure, that he don't give his quest twice, and additional, that he isn't there, if the Baldur.BCS spawn him accidently here for the Ranger quests, although the timer for Minsc has been expired, and he was already spawned elsewhere

END // I _guess_, that with the value Global("TalkedToDelon","GLOBAL",0), Bioware first wanted to make it possible, that Minsc can spawn Delon also in this area - but then have decided to do it in a different way, excluded this area in Minscs script and just forgotten to alter Delons... ;)

I hope, I have clarified this good enough... ;) (*sigh* - sometimes, I wish, you can read thoughts...)

ar0020 is the City Gates, and ar0043 and ar0044 aren't flagged as city areas.

Right. I have seen this for the ar0020 to late and forgotten, to edit my post.... :) - didn't known that the other two are unused though... :)

Regards

Roana

Archived