How do i make Mage Kits? wild mage type of kits?

Guest vusak

Right, sorry if I'm being a tad daft but, having read through this entire thread, I was never able to discover how to disable one of the existing mage kits and replace it with a new, custom one. Personally I have been using the scripting method (setting it as a bard kit and switching mid-game) but, having read this, there seems to be a way to actually code it as a proper kit. How would I go about doing this, since the K_M_x.2da files do not exist and so cannot be altered?

This is a post i found that concerns a problem im having trying to implement a mage kit for PC.

ive used DLTC to manually edit the files needed to add a mage kit, however im at a loss as to get it to appear on the kit selection screen for any race.

ive loaded it in as a bard kit, but im not sure how to then change to mage with that kit.

i dont know and cant find any reference to CLUAConsole commands to change my kit.

Basically, im trying to create a Wild Mage with a few melee perks for kicks ;)

Ive read about a scripting method for creating mage kits, but there isnt much explaining it, and im not sure how to do it.

Key things i want to achieve:

1-alter number of attacks per round for a wild mage

2-allow a wild mage to wield any melee weapon

3-allow a wild mage to gain grand mastery in a melee weapon

4-randomly cause wild surge effect on melee attacks

5-lower the spell gains of a wild mage

now ive read that the wild mage is not kittable, so if i cant achieve the above with a direct mod of a wild mage, is it sufficient to simply include CLABMA01 as the ability 2DA for any mage type character? ie. does the engine automagically assign wild mage effects if you simply use that file?

i suppose the other way would be to create a mage kit, that applies the wild surge effect as a permanent effect, and then add the wild mage spells to the spell book, but im not entirely sure how to achieve this.

with regards to causing wild surge on melee attacks, is there a way to have a small NULL spell to be cast on every attack? ie. a skeleton spell that does nothing but is enough to possibly trigger a wild surge. even better, is there a spell script that could take the damage caused by an attack and apply that as a spell damage effect instead such that those wild surges that cause double damage or damage to caster are applicable. and will this be still feasible with multiple attacks per round?

i know thats a lot of questions, but ive been searching all the tute sites and i did follow the custom kit tute and thread, however im still unsure how to allow for those complications of creating a selectable mage kit, and how to change the proficiencies/attacks-per-round of the base class.

thanks.

Archived