Is there anything a human can't breed with?

berelinde

For said dwarf-human pairing, I'm guessing you'd just get a short, stocky human with a facial hair problem.

Anybody else ever thought about this?

Well, in the D&D setting of Darksun there are half human-half dwarf hybrids called Muls. They tend to be hairless and are about the size of a human, however, they are stronger than they look. Their dwarven heritage gives them a greater muscle density. They provide slave labor or work as gladiators.

They also tend to be fairly common.

Not to mention the fun and games when you start talking about dragons with polymorph abilities.

Yes, they don a humanoid shape, and can mate with females, but yet their children start to exhibit draconic traits later on (scales, weakened breath weapon, etc.)

I can't remember where I read it (I think it was in Dungeon or Dragon Magazine), but one of the reasons why half dragons were so rare was because for a dragon to want to breed with a human was the equivalent of, say, Zeus wanting to breed with a gerbil. :p

I should also mention the PC game Arcanum. If you have played that game, it appears that humans are breeding with every race in that world (willingly and sometimes unwillingly). Part of that actually turns into an X-file type of subplot in the game which is very interesting.

Archived