Jump to content

reannual

Members
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About reannual

  1. Uhm it's version 0.8.0, not the one from Google Play, just so we're clear. It says so at the top of the page. I've looked for 0.8.1 but it seems it hasn't been compiled for android. Still, it's from a few months ago, no?
  2. Cool, thanks. As for the auto-pause settings, I did a bit of investigation... By picking the options one by one, I noticed that the 'Auto Pause State' setting in baldur.ini is a decimal representation of a binary number with each autopause toggle option representing a binary digit. Here's the settings and their values on the Windows install: Setting Value Toggle Toggle Value Setting Character Hit 4 0 0 8 Character Injured Character Death 16 0 0 2 Character Attacked Weapon Unusable 1 0 0 32 Target Destroyed End of Round 64 0 0 128 Enemy Sighted Spell Cast 512 0 0 1024 Trap Found Note that here there is no representation of 256 which I assume must have been assigned to a setting that was cancelled before launch. With some trial and error I found that this setting did not translate one-to-one on my GemRB install. The crucial difference was the 'Trap Found' setting which in GemRB had the value 256 and not 1024 as in the original game. Thus my PC setting value of 1209 was meaningless here (the correct equivalent being 441). With some more trial-and-error I found that manually setting the Autopause value in gem-baldur.ini (knowing how to do it right now) translated correctly to what I could see in the settings in-game. It also works the other way around. Deleting gem-baldur.ini and setting the desired value in baldur.ini made GemRB import the baldur.ini value into a new gem-baldur-ini after which it seemed to ignore baldur.ini (confirmed by the log file). Regardless of all these settings, how and why and where they were, nothing changed about the game behavior. For all I can see in-game the 'Auto pause state' setting is 0: Nothing makes the game autopause. I have tried with a saved game and with a fresh game. In both cases no auto pause. I don't suppose that the value coding issue mentioned above could have anything to do with it? EDIT: Not true, actually. Starting from a clean slate (manually setting 'Autopause state' to 0 in baldur.inin and deleting gem-baldur.ini), then setting all autopause options to on in-game revealed that 'On hit', 'When attacked' and 'End of round' fired as they were supposed to. 'Enemy sighted' and 'Target destroyed' (and possibly 'Character Injured') was confirmed not to.
  3. Okay. Well how would you go about setting autopause then in a general gemrb setting? Through the (BG2) game gui? EDIT: And no, I only know a bit of Python which I'm guessing is not what's called for here.
  4. I'm almost up and running with a BGT install on gemrb for android (0.8). I've applied the BG2 fixpack and the widescreen mod and it's all working fine. My only problem is that I can't set gameplay options - or rather I can set them in the sense that I can toggle options on and off but the settings have no effect. Specifically, I would like to set autopause on for whenever an enemy is spotted (and some other cases) and I would like to see hit rolls in the text box as I'm still fairly new to IE and could learn from seeing some 'innards' of the engine. Going on this post the idea seems to be to insert your preferences manually into the file gem-baldur.ini (which seems to be created the first time you enter the gameplay options screen) and then make the file read-only. In order to identify the setting responsible for e.g. seeing hit rolls, I made a copy of the file baldur.ini (on the Windows install) and then fired up the game, turned hit rolls off and then compared the two versions. Turns out that the setting 'Effect Text Level' had changed from 63 to 62, so I figured that was the one I wanted. So I added the line 'Effect Text Level=63' to my gem-baldur.ini file on the android install in the proper [game options] section. No dice. There were still no hit rolls. On quitting the game, the line will be gone but only if I have entered the gameplay options screen. The game seemingly does not alter my autopause settings (at least the line 'Auto Pause State = xxxx') but it does not seem to respect the setting either. I have tried changing file permissions and ownership on the file using chmod and Root Browser but root browser (with superuser privileges) reports failure, indicating that the file system for the internal /sdcard is not one that supports file permissions. Can anybody tell me - if what I'm trying to achieve is possible with gemrb for android, and - if so what I might be doing wrong / how to achieve it.
×
×
  • Create New...